Persian Garden passes

melusina

On previous cruises I've been on, Day passes were capacity restricted, but were generally available to buy.

I personally come from a Russian/Jewish family background, and it's in our tradition to heavily use Saunas, and often 'the hotter the better'.

I like to use a Sauna almost every day when I have access to it, and only you can answer what your preference is.

It's been a LONG time since I've been on M-class, so I don't know exactly what the temperatures are like, but On S-Class, I personally find the Persian Garden sauna to be way too cold... I could literally take a nap in there for 8 hours without breaking a sweat. I usually end up using the free dry sauna in the Men's locker room instead.

On E-class, they do not have the free sauna (not sure about M-Class), but the Spa sauna on E-class is much warmer than on S-class.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, melusina said:

I'm not certain it would be worth paying for whole trip access

Hard to decide for you--but, I usually do.

However, if you purchase a " whole trip access " pass and plan to use it daily or even twice a day, it's probably worth it, rather than a " daily access " pass.

They do tell you that they only sell X amount of " whole trip access " passes, but, I think it's just a pressure tactic.

Here's a " tip "----- Do not accept the " Free Five Minute Massage " outside the Spa or near the pool---It's going to cost you lots of $$$ by the time they are " finished " with you.

They will ask, oops, tell you  " Are YOU aware that your X is, and your Y feels, etc, etc--- But, lucky for you , we have a " Special " for this cruise etc etc ".

$ 357 later you will be bringing a pretty bag back to your room full of beautiful smelling " stuff " which will ,oops, is supposed to, but---doesn't make you look 20 yrs younger.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, melusina said:

I'm not certain it would be worth paying for whole trip access - are there day passes that might be available? If it matters, we'll be on Infinity for Greece and Turkey cruise.

I would want to make sure all the rooms are functional... On M class it is an interior space. no views, .no loungers but a warm shared  curved bench..  If the rooms are good and the showers work,  it's worth it if you use it!

Just now, hcat said:

I would want to make sure all the rooms are functional... On M class it is an interior space. no views, .no loungers but a warm shared  curved bench..  If the rooms are good and the showers work,  it's worth it if you use it!

sorry you asked abt day passes. I do not know..

14 hours ago, hcat said:

Actually now that i know moreit doesn't sound particularly enjoyable to me. Just some benches and a little steam? As a first time cruiser, I'm learning to really check things out before getting excited sbout them.

16 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Hard to decide for you--but, I usually do.

However, if you purchase a " whole trip access " pass and plan to use it daily or even twice a day, it's probably worth it, rather than a " daily access " pass.

They do tell you that they only sell X amount of " whole trip access " passes, but, I think it's just a pressure tactic.

Here's a " tip "----- Do not accept the " Free Five Minute Massage " outside the Spa or near the pool---It's going to cost you lots of $$$ by the time they are " finished " with you.

They will ask, oops, tell you  " Are YOU aware that your X is, and your Y feels, etc, etc--- But, lucky for you , we have a " Special " for this cruise etc etc ".

$ 357 later you will be bringing a pretty bag back to your room full of beautiful smelling " stuff " which will ,oops, is supposed to, but---doesn't make you look 20 yrs younger.

Oh thank you for the warning! I'm a first timer and just starting to realize the pitfalls. Everyone here isso helpful.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, someguyfl said:

On previous cruises I've been on, Day passes were capacity restricted, but were generally available to buy.

I personally come from a Russian/Jewish family background, and it's in our tradition to heavily use Saunas, and often 'the hotter the better'.

I like to use a Sauna almost every day when I have access to it, and only you can answer what your preference is.

It's been a LONG time since I've been on M-class, so I don't know exactly what the temperatures are like, but On S-Class, I personally find the Persian Garden sauna to be way too cold... I could literally take a nap in there for 8 hours without breaking a sweat. I usually end up using the free dry sauna in the Men's locker room instead.

On E-class, they do not have the free sauna (not sure about M-Class), but the Spa sauna on E-class is much warmer than on S-class.

Hope this helps!

Yes, very helpful thanks! It's hard to get a fix on what it really consists ofbut a couple benches, small space - doesn't sound very attractive. We'll try day passes.

You can buy day passes.  I would take the free tour of the facilities when you board.  Then you would be able to decide for yourself.  There is quite a difference between the saunas and the atmospheres between classes of ships.  

On 11/21/2023 at 12:48 PM, someguyfl said:

First off M-Class ships, whether revolutionized or not, have a free sauna in the locker rooms that are available to everyone. The difference between renovated and unrenovated is the size of both the locker room itself and the saunas. In the renovated M-Class ships the Spa/gym locker rooms have been cut in half. Basically they took the original women's locker room, cut it in half and inserted the men's locker room. The new saunas are about 1/4 the size of the original. The old men's locker room now has cabins.

Secondly I'm surprised you like the saunas on the E-Class since they aren't traditional Swedish/Finnish saunas but infrared saunas. When used correctly they are definitely hot but the room itself isn't hot. You must sit right in front of one of the infrared heaters so that the heat radiates all along your back and thus warms your whole body. If you don't sit right in front of one of the heaters the sauna room itself isn't that hot since that's not how this technology works. 

We cruised on Summit for our first cruise with Celebrity.  We loved everything about the ship and were excited to be able to use a perk of the Captain's Club which gave us free use during a port day. I was excited to take the spa tour on the first day but I was underwhelmed with the Persian Garden.  To be in an area with no outdoor light and the heated bench was nice but I was expecting personal heated loungers. 

The sauna, shower etc were all working and  explained in detail but being in a smaller, shared room with no natural light seemed depressing.  All I wanted to do was leave and we ended up just walking in on a port day and walked right back out.  I hope to try this where we can lay on a lounger and look out at the water.

best advice already given is to take the tour and then decide

sounds like the free "dry" saunas have been changed  but you can check them out...they had a nice view..

we prefer steam but skip PG on M Class ships..S Class area is the nicest!

E Class is ok but not great. esp the heated lounger area!  too sunny. 

7 hours ago, kwokpot said:

First off M-Class ships, whether revolutionized or not, have a free sauna in the locker rooms that are available to everyone. The difference between renovated and unrenovated is the size of both the locker room itself and the saunas. In the renovated M-Class ships the Spa/gym locker rooms have been cut in half. Basically they took the original women's locker room, cut it in half and inserted the men's locker room. The new saunas are about 1/4 the size of the original. The old men's locker room now has cabins.

Secondly I'm surprised you like the saunas on the E-Class since they aren't traditional Swedish/Finnish saunas but infrared saunas. When used correctly they are definitely hot but the room itself isn't hot. You must sit right in front of one of the infrared heaters so that the heat radiates all along your back and thus warms your whole body. If you don't sit right in front of one of the heaters the sauna room itself isn't that hot since that's not how this technology works. 

I generally prefer traditional Swedish/Finish dry saunas, yes… and that’s why I prefer the free ones on S class which are dry and hot. 

The Persian garden on S class just doesn’t get hot. It’s got a view, but, without being hot, it’s pretty pointless IMHO.

On the E-class, yes it is infrared, but at least it does heat me up… and it has a pretty view. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hcat said:

S Class area is the nicest!

Agree 100%-- Good size, Great outdoor view , relaxing.

I don't use the cold room--- ( That's why we're on the friggin cruise ).

The only thing that bothers me, and I assume everyone, else are the people that stay " way " over the posted time ( 20-30 minutes ) on the warm lounges either reading or snoring.

LOL---The pretty 40 (??) yr old that asked me if I was cruising solo --- she didn't bother me ---But, what can I say ??

Personally I enjoy the Persian.  Agree s class is much better than the m class.  But I enjoy it for after day on beach or pool going and sitting in sauna getting all the suntan lotion off plus great in mornings if it was a late night.  I usually buy pass if not in aq room. On silhouette now and have used it twice a day so far with no problems getting lounger. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UndcvrNana said:

I understand on E class that the perk of the free day of Persian Garden while in port is not offered.  Am I correct?  

Correct. The thermal suite on E-Class ships aren't called Persian Gardens but Sea Thermal Suite. 

30 minutes ago, UndcvrNana said:

Thank you!  That helps us decide.

A couple of points. As someone that enjoys using thermal suites and hot rooms I do find the E-Class thermal suites a bit disappointing. There are two steam rooms with one supposedly a hamman but it's hotter than what a real hamman is supposed to be and I usually use the adjacent steam room. The crystal room is useless. I'm fine with the infrared sauna. I don't find the hanging chairs comfortable and never see anyone use them. The heated tile loungers are nice. They need non-heated loungers within the thermal suite. There's not enough non heated seating besides a continuous black bench along one of the walls and the aforementioned hanging basket chairs. And FLEETWIDE Celebrity thermal suites need a water feature (hot tub/whirlpool/spa) within the thermal suite (the thaliasotherapy pool in the Solarium on M-Class ships doesn't count).

Lastly quite honestly if you give me either a complementary steam and/or sauna room I'll be happy but the E-Class ships don't have either in the spa locker rooms, unlike the M or S Class ships (even the revolutionized M-Class ships with the downsized spa/gym locker rooms still have a free sauna albeit a tiny one). So if you enjoy using one or both types of hot rooms on an E-Class ship you'll have to pay for the thermal suite or do without. 

Edited by kwokpot

Hello. I will be taking a 14-night cruise, in the balcony suite, from RIO DE JANEIRO TO CAPE LIBERTY, on the Celebrity Eclipse.

They sell a 14-day package to Jardim Persa, where there is aromatic steam, tropical rain showers, and the heat of the sauna. But they say the duration is only 15 minutes.

So I only have 15 minutes to take a sauna and then I have to get out of there?

I think there is very little time.

Does anyone know this Spa package and can explain it to me.

Thank you very much!