Virgin's Resilient Lady

On 11/24/2023 at 11:58 AM, Colin 2905 said:

The Velocity points deal has ended, but info can be found at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2964836-velocity-points-for-virgin-cruise/

As for drinks, I'll probably take the maximum allowable number of cans of Zero Sugar Vanilla Coke in our carry-on, as I very much doubt that they'll have it on board. (I don't drink alcohol at all, and the odd shandy that my wife has is so weak that they usually only charge the softdrink price. 😄)

Don't they have free soft drinks from dispensers on VV? Or maybe not your preferred bev...

The body language at 38:10 when Virgin is announced as probably their favourite - complete with a head shake and a loss of eye contact. I trust people do realise that vloggers get free cruises by only saying nice things about the ship they are sailing on.

It may indeed be awesome, but these vlogs are just fizz. I will wait for you learned cruisers to pass-on your critiques.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

The body language at 38:10 when Virgin is announced as probably their favourite - complete with a head shake and a loss of eye contact. I trust people do realise that vloggers get free cruises by only saying nice things about the ship they are sailing on.

It may indeed be awesome, but these vlogs are just fizz. I will wait for you learned cruisers to pass-on your critiques.

Yes I know so I don't watch them.

12 minutes ago, NSWP said:

20 eateries apparently.

Yes, after talking to staff in Florida, I know all about each restaurant.  One called Wake has tables of six, which includes solos.  I'm interested to know what the game will be.  Great way to meet people.  I've never eaten at a "Singles Table".

Food is all on line and looks so good.  I had to cook breakfast at 5 am when I got off the phone.

16 hours ago, arxcards said:

We are on the December 16 cruise.  I am looking forward to seeing how they cater for food allergies and for those of us that are less mobile than others.  As stated above, I also hope there are grab bars.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Suzi66 said:

We are on the December 16 cruise.  I am looking forward to seeing how they cater for food allergies and for those of us that are less mobile than others.  As stated above, I also hope there are grab bars.

Have you contacted the Aust toll free number, which converts to Florida USA?  I have found all staff extremely helpful and friendly.  They are the best I've ever had to deal with. No tell someone who cares attitude.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I thought someone had said it is going straight to Sydney after Cairns

I did because one website said that,  However I later learnt it was going to Airlie Beach.  On reflection how could it not as Airlie Beach is a party town.  Departure late at night!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I did because one website said that,  However I later learnt it was going to Airlie Beach.  On reflection how could it not as Airlie Beach is a party town.  Departure late at night!

I wondered why cruises dock at Airlie Beach. To me, it reminds me of a particularly miserable school trip.

10 minutes ago, JVes said:

I wondered why cruises dock at Airlie Beach. To me, it reminds me of a particularly miserable school trip.

Airlie Beach is the hub for ferries to the island resorts, boat hires, fishing trips, etc.  There is no beach as such, but there is a beautiful big lagoon. Nice walk around the hill on the waterfront.  We used to stay a fortnight and were never bored. It is a party town, but many backpackers, who work on the islands, prefer to stay on the mainland

y

11 minutes ago, JVes said:

hue

• Like 2

Outside the range of any of the cam links I have.

She is about to round Bradley's Head, but not due to berth at OPT till 7pm. It could be earlier if Carnival Splendor makes a clean getaway at 4pm, but if she is delayed, she will be held to a 6:30pm curfew, and 7pm

Carnival Splendor made it out in time for curfew but was a little late so Resilient Lady wasn't going to be able to dock by 4:30. Now will be moving over to OPT from Athol Buoy at 6:30pm.

Would be a great sight for commuters on the Manly ferry.