pricing on website

1Virgo

I know there was a website upgrade recently, but this is the first time when I checked out a cruise, got into reservations , the featured/listing price that attracted us, was actually the Cruise Only pricing.   The so called All Inclusive was over $800 more pp.    It used to be on Canadian site, the price you saw first was the All inclusive.    Rather feels like bait n switch.  

3 minutes ago, 1Vigo said:

I know there was a website upgrade recently, but this is the first time when I checked out a cruise, got into reservations , the featured/listing price that attracted us, was actually the Cruise Only pricing.   The so called All Inclusive was over $800 more pp.    It used to be on Canadian site, the price you saw first was the All inclusive.    Rather feels like bait n switch.  

It has been that way for a while..I’m in the US.

people complain no matter how they do the AI.  

• Like 1

The US site has never shown upgraded pricing as the base price unless it was a category that was only offered as All Included (AQ and Suites). I doubt the Canadian website was any different. You are upgrading for more inclusions not discounting off the base price to take Cruise Only. 

50 minutes ago, 1Vigo said:

We book Aqua if SS not available and I ve gone in to see which cabins available, checked pricing and then called CVP.   So, we have not seen it displayed the way it is now.   

Then that explains what you are seeing. Cruise Only on Aqua Class just recently became available. Until then AQ (and Retreat) only displayed All Included because that was your only option. The lower categories always started out with the Cruise Only price. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1Vigo said:

I have seen the price as the cruise only as the default for a long time on the Canadian site.

5 hours ago, RTShaker said:

I have seen the price as the cruise only as the default for a long time on the Canadian site.

When I have looked, the price shown first for Aqua or SS was NOT cruise only.    

again. Today was a totally different layout

23 minutes ago, 1Vigo said:

When I have looked, the price shown first for Aqua or SS was NOT cruise only.    

again. Today was a totally different layout

Correct as until sometime in Oct Aqua was not available as cruise only.  SS is still not as far as I know.

• Thanks 1

@1Vigo I don't understand how the lower pricing showing initially is bait and switch. That is a scam tactic of offering something cheaply with no intention of making it available, then steering a customer to something more expensive. 

I will agree with you if the displayed Cruise Only price is not available to book. But changing how they display their offers from your prior experience doesn't seem shady to me.

20 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

@1Vigo I don't understand how the lower pricing showing initially is bait and switch. That is a scam tactic of offering something cheaply with no intention of making it available, then steering a customer to something more expensive. 

I will agree with you if the displayed Cruise Only price is not available to book. But changing how they display their offers from your prior experience doesn't seem shady to me.

How we felt,  If you read previous postings and a reply explanation, we only book Aqua or SS. we never saw the Cruise Only fare.  So, we saw a price for a cruise we liked.  But it was for Cruise only.   We didnt know we never saw CO by only looking at Aqua or SS, til now.  that is why we felt it was like a bait and switch. grab you with a price, then see it is stripped model.  Now we are aware.  

We do feel if the price shown in each category, should be referenced that prices shown are CO only fares.    Wasn’t til we did a mock booking we saw the 2 prices.  

now make sense?

airlines indicate “all applicable fees included” or, fees extra.   

20 hours ago, 1Vigo said:

now make sense?

It makes sense that you may have been confused for about 5 seconds, but the very first screen you see after selecting Aqua Class Stateroom has "Cruise Only" right in the middle. You can scroll to the right to choose the more expensive inclusive option.

I guess I am just objecting to your term because this is the first time I have ever heard of "bait and switch" being used to accuse a company of advertising, and offering as the very first choice, the less expensive product.

I agree they changed the way it was displayed from what you were used to, but that is because two options are now offered instead of only AI in Aqua Staterooms. Exactly how should the new option be displayed? (All prices in any category have never been displayed on the first display screen--only the cheapest.)

Not trying to make you feel wrong, only to help you understand that there is no indication Celebrity acted deceptively -- so that you can cruise without any resentment!

Edited by mayleeman

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

It makes sense that you may have been confused for about 5 seconds, but the very first screen you see after selecting Aqua Class Stateroom has "Cruise Only" right in the middle. You can scroll to the right to choose the more expensive inclusive option.

I guess I am just objecting to your term because this is the first time I have ever heard of "bait and switch" being used to accuse a company of advertising, and offering as the very first choice, the less expensive product.

I agree they changed the way it was displayed from what you were used to, but that is because two options are now offered instead of only AI in Aqua Staterooms. Exactly how should the new option be displayed? (All prices in any category have never been displayed on the first display screen--only the cheapest.)

Not trying to make you feel wrong, only to help you understand that there is no indication Celebrity acted deceptively -- so that you can cruise without any resentment!

I dont need any understanding.   A previous poster explained. Perhaps you need to understand what I said.   and let it go