Elite Internet Discount

6MonthsHere6MonthsThere

56 minutes ago, sandybeaches44 said:

I spoke to Princess and they added Internet for one device for me.   The full amount of $105 that I was charged is appearing in my travel summary for my  January cruise.  The representative that I spoke to was aware that I was Elite.

Just wondering if guests that had paid in advance as I did,  automatically received a 50% OBC or did you have to have the obc added to your account at  guest services?

Thanks

Strange, they stopped with the OBC and normally the discount is automatic

Edited by Jadn13

1 hour ago, sandybeaches44 said:

I spoke to Princess and they added Internet for one device for me.   The full amount of $105 that I was charged is appearing in my travel summary for my  January cruise.  The representative that I spoke to was aware that I was Elite.

Just wondering if guests that had paid in advance as I did,  automatically received a 50% OBC or did you have to have the obc added to your account at  guest services?

Thanks

When I paid in advance for the Sky cruise we are currently on and the Emerald cruise following I was charged at the 50% rate and that was the end of it.  No 'corrections' through OBCs.

On 12/19/2023 at 5:50 AM, pompeii said:

Actually, for me this problem has nothing to do with my Princess member number.  My captain's circle status was correct on the medallion app until I downloaded an update, then it switched from black to blue.  I've had it corrected to black a couple of times, but it's currently blue again due to an update a month or so ago. It seems to bounce back to blue whenever there's an app update.   I've emailed a couple of times to fix it again but no one has gotten back to me yet.  I'm boarding in a couple of weeks and will just purchase wifi once I get on board, so I'm not all that worried about it right now.  I'm hopeful that the new app won't have this problem. 

SMH as usual over trivial IT bugs that never seem to go away.  I don't have any bookings right now but have opened the App after some updates from Play Store and I can see a blue Seawitch logo and just know it is trouble.  Perhaps if I were to make a booking, it would self-correct since the booking contains CC Member number.

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

SMH as usual over trivial IT bugs that never seem to go away.  I don't have any bookings right now but have opened the App after some updates from Play Store and I can see a blue Seawitch logo and just know it is trouble.  Perhaps if I were to make a booking, it would self-correct since the booking contains CC Member number.

It will not because while the booking has the correct cc number the app will use the number stored in its db. Apparently the app db is hosted by the medallion vendor, not Princess itself. So while the main Princess system exchange data with it, the CC number used by the app db does not change with a booking. The only way to fix the problem is to actually talk with someone at Princess on the app team that actually understands what the problem. Took me three tries before  I got someone that understood the issue amd actually checked the app db, instead of the main Princess system.

Edited by TRLD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TRLD said:

It will not because while the booking has the correct cc number the app will use the number stored in its db. Apparently the app db is hosted by the medallion vendor, not Princess itself. So while the main Princess system exchange data with it, the CC number used by the app db does not change with a booking. The only way to fix the problem is to actually talk with someone at Princess on the app team that actually understands what the problem. Took me three tries before  I got someone that understood the issue amd actually checked the app db, instead of the main Princess system.

So did they correct your member number on the app db so the issue no longer happens with each update?  And did you reach the app team by phone?  I'd love to get this corrected once and for all.

3 hours ago, pompeii said:

So did they correct your member number on the app db so the issue no longer happens with each update?  And did you reach the app team by phone?  I'd love to get this corrected once and for all.

I have had mine corrected, spent an hour on the phone for it to revert back 3 weeks later.

It’s a losing battle for me. 

4 hours ago, pompeii said:

Yes they did. Made 3 calls. Got 3 outcomes. First time they said that they would report it to the medallion team  but nothing ever happened. The second time they made a change, but then the problem came back after the next update. The third time I got a hold of someone who checked what app db was actually saying and permanently fixed the problem.

If the price is the same and the elites get the same discount whether purchase ahead or onboard,  then why people still buy it ahead of their cruises, especially it seems it is a piece of cake to buy it thru the app once you are onboard?

6 hours ago, nho9504 said:

If the price is the same and the elites get the same discount whether purchase ahead or onboard,  then why people still buy it ahead of their cruises, especially it seems it is a piece of cake to buy it thru the app once you are onboard?

Pretty much the same reason(s) people pre-pay gratuities; getting the transaction out of the road and all paid up and, possibly, avoiding a price increase prior to departure date.