Non-alcoholic drink prices & Refreshment package question

rsdroid

Considering getting the refreshment package for our upcoming cruise and trying to do a current cost comparison to paying as we go.

What are the current pay-as-you-go prices for bottled water, the fresh squeezed oj, a soda, specialty coffee, etc without the package? 

And does anyone know if the protein shakes at Vitality are included in the refreshment package? 

Edited by rsdroid
  • Like 1

Shakes are included. I get all of the above except water but since I'm charged 0 idk prices. Coffee comes in 3 sizes and each size costs different. OJ might be 4.50 but I could also be wrong. No sign up. Have to ask in the buffet where i get mine. I'd say soda count on about the same.

You get a take home soda cup to use in the machines. They have some choices you cant buy singlely so cant price soda machine. 

40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Shakes are included. I get all of the above except water but since I'm charged 0 idk prices. Coffee comes in 3 sizes and each size costs different. OJ might be 4.50 but I could also be wrong. No sign up. Have to ask in the buffet where i get mine. I'd say soda count on about the same.

You get a take home soda cup to use in the machines. They have some choices you cant buy singlely so cant price soda machine. 

54 minutes ago, rsdroid said:

Considering getting the refreshment package for our upcoming cruise and trying to do a current cost comparison to paying as we go.

What are the current pay-as-you-go prices for bottled water, the fresh squeezed oj, a soda, specialty coffee, etc without the package? 

And does anyone know if the protein shakes at Vitality are included in the refreshment package? 

Think it was $2 for small 12oz water Bottles and $3.50 for can of Coke, plus Grats. But don't forget can carry on 12 cans or bottles of 17oz size, Pop or water, per cabin. My choice is 12ct of 16.9oz Bottles Diet Dew myself... Trying to remember all the Ships that don't have Freestyle Soda Pop Machines, think there is 3 of the Radiance Class and not many others if any. Anyone?

Edited by ONECRUISER

9 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Think it was $2 for small 12oz water Bottles and $3.50 for can of Coke, plus Grats. But don't forget can carry on 12 cans or bottles of 17oz size, Pop or water, per cabin. My choice is 12ct of 16.9oz Bottles Diet Dew myself... Trying to remember all the Ships that don't have Freestyle Soda Pop Machines, think there is 3 of the Radiance Class and not many others if any. Anyone?

I think liberty didnt have the soda machine. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, MichaelCMTX said:

We sail on Voyager in 7 weeks and my motivation for getting the soda package is kinda hinging on the ability to get a Raspberry Coke Zero when the whim strikes. 

The thing is, even if the ship had Freestyle machines, the machine(s) could be out of service or out of that particular syrup. Buy the package and if they don't have what you need, cancel on board for OBC.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MichaelCMTX said:

Does anyone know if there's a FAQ or other list of who is and is not Freestyle?  

We sail on Voyager in 7 weeks and my motivation for getting the soda package is kinda hinging on the ability to get a Raspberry Coke Zero when the whim strikes. 

Voyager does not have the freestyle machines unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2023 at 12:46 PM, MichaelCMTX said:

Does anyone know if there's a FAQ or other list of who is and is not Freestyle?  

We are getting on Voyager in Feb.   If they don't have it by then I am going to ask for a refund.   It is such a no-brainer to have a machine that lets customers get just what they want without the need to bother staff.   For DH, we will be bringing Diet DP onboard.  

At the moment, everyone but DH has the soda package, but I've wondered the same thing about the refreshment package.  
DH drinks Diet DP, iced tea and beer so none of the packages will work for him.  

Edited by HappyTexan44

On 11/27/2023 at 1:41 PM, Biker19 said:

The thing is, even if the ship had Freestyle machines, the machine(s) could be out of service or out of that particular syrup. Buy the package and if they don't have what you need, cancel on board for OBC.

On The Adventure repo we did, they did a pretty good job keeping everything working.  Generally if one Freestyle didn't have what I was looking for, well, not like I had a lot going on to keep me trying one of the others.

On 12/1/2023 at 9:43 AM, HappyTexan44 said:

We are getting on Voyager in Feb.   If they don't have it by then I am going to ask for a refund.   It is such a no-brainer to have a machine that lets customers get just what they want without the need to bother staff.   For DH, we will be bringing Diet DP onboard.  

At the moment, everyone but DH has the soda package, but I've wondered the same thing about the refreshment package.  

For the longest time the SOP was US-ported ships had Freestyle and overseas-ported ships did not.  That's gotten murky as more and more have got them and gone elsewhere.  For me, it's no deal-breaker--  not gonna cost a fortune for the soda package on a 5-nighter; but after having the Freestyles on AOS and the incredible convenience that went with it, just a bummer.

DW had swapped out Diet Coke for the regular stuff but was a big fan of the Dr. beforehand.  For some reason they had 2L Dr. Pepper at the bars - no diet though.

On 11/24/2023 at 8:05 AM, ONECRUISER said:

Liberty, Voyager, Spectrum 

On 12/1/2023 at 4:43 PM, HappyTexan44 said:

On a FB page they showed the soda cans available on The Voyager @ cafe Promenade. Diet dr. Pepper seems to be available as well

FB_IMG_1700950682403.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

We are on Voyager on the 18th. We got the Refreshment package because we love Pellegrino and Diet Coke. Last cruise there was a problem, we are Diamonds, and the bartender would charge our 4 Diamond free drinks instead of refreshment package. We of course stated ahead with our order; charge to refreshment package, but it kept happening. 
Anyone else have this difficulty?

Suggestions?

On 12/4/2023 at 11:19 AM, YoupDeBoer said:

On a FB page they showed the soda cans available on The Voyager @ cafe Promenade. Diet dr. Pepper seems to be available as well

FB_IMG_1700950682403.jpg

On 12/4/2023 at 11:48 AM, HappyTexan44 said:

@YoupDeBoer  Thank you for that photo.  If the selection is reasonable and cans, then I'll keep the soda package.   

Most of the time, if you have the package, they will not give you a can, only fountain.  Cans are for cash pay only.

• Like 1