Playmakers Owner Box VIP Section That Can Be Reserved?

There is a section in the back of Playmakers that is the Owner's Box VIP area where groups can reserve. It has wall to wall TVs...super cool. Our beloved Packers play on Christmas Eve at 10 am ship time which is before we dock at Cabo San Lucas. (Side note: don't get me started on Aaron Rogers leaving us...although karma caught up with him.)

My research has only come up with..we can reserve this once we are on the ship so not in advance and it is first come first serve. But does anyone know if there is a cost to rent the space and if so how much? If no "rental" cost perhaps a drink minimum (although that wouldn't work for those with drink packages🤷‍♀️)? I am sure RC doesn't offer it for free but the Packers aren't playing that great this year so doubt we will pay much to watch them lose. 🤣 Thanks and Cheers!

Unless RCCL has recently changed the pricing structure over to dynamic pricing, there have been fairly recent reoports that it costs $100 and is good for one game with a 10 person capacity.  And, 'supposedly' includes 2 pitchers of beer and 2 appetizers. YMMV.

Edited by footzz
  • Like 1

This doesn't really answer your question, but last year on Odyssey we were lucky enough to sail in a Star class suite....and my beloved Cowboys were playing (side note: don't get me started?!? 🙂). Our genie reserved one of those special tables for us, it was a great place to watch the game! I would suggest as soon as you board head to playmakers or one of the specialty restaurants) to see if you can reserve one....Good luck!

• Like 3

Seems worth the $100 to me especially if it includes the beer and 2 apps. 

When Navigator was first Amped spring of 2019 we used that space a lot but it was after Football season.  It was first come first serve and free.  Had a huge Jenga set on the table.  Only downside is that the Jenga set scared the crap out of everyone every time it toppled because it was so loud.  🤣  Loved the wings, games, and TV's in that section of Playmakers!!

Regarding Rogers... IMO you are better off without him.  We was a cancer to the organization, with an ego that has become unbearable.  Just my opinion of course.

• Like 4

Ha, The Fun Researcher, you are soooooo right about Rogers!!! Oh, it was free back in 2019. Hmmm. And thanks ajtaylor29...if last year your Genie booked it for you without you paying...then as Lloyd Christmas says "So you're telling me there is a chance!"

• Haha 1

It's awesome until you walk up one day hoping for a table and everything is taken then this space sits there empty.

Personally, I think they should open it up when there are no bookings for it.  Seems silly to keep it reserved when they obv have no takers for it

• Like 3

We reserved that wonderful "winners" section at Playmakers on Wonder last year and it was fantastic! The reservation was $100 for 10 of us and, since we all had Deluxe drinks packages, instead of buckets of beer, they brought us multiple appetizers! So much food that there were leftovers! It was a great space for 10 of us to enjoy football!! Good luck and cheers!!

Oh and btw, Mariner's Playmakers currently does not have the "winners/VIP" section yet; however, the employees told us that they do plan to add it soon! It will most likely be in the section to the right of the bar (when facing the bar).

Edited by SilkySal
  • Like 3

We reserved it last January on Wonder for  a Bucs playoff game and the cost was $200 for 10 people, but we had 12 in our group and they had no problem bringing in two chairs. It did include beer and appetizers and great service.

We brought a Bucs flag to decorate the area. 

I am thinking that we were charged $200 because it was a playoff game.

Definitely go to Playmakers first when you get on board to reserve it.

• Like 2