Oceania BLUE BAG

Acrusa

O is providing a NEW, different, bag. One not quite nearly as nice or useable. Thankfully, we got the old better one off of Riviera 12/2021. And can compare it to the new less useable one from Riviera 10/2023. I brought the old one with me on Sirena 11/2022 (non-concierge cabin) as well as on Riviera last month. Great bag.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

As old Walter Brennan used to say in the Will Sonnett show, "no brag, just fact"🤠

I must add that I've been watching reruns of The Real McCoys lately and am happy that I grew up when so many TV shows taught honesty, values, hard work, independence, and kindness. Walter Brennan's album, Old Rivers, is a treasure, especially at Christmas. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwuHxJrrf0Y

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BEEZLEE said:

Got this one in 2022 on Riviera…it’s a very nice beach tote and enjoy better than previous blue/white canvas version…

IMG_4073.jpeg

We received this on Marina in October. It included the blue bag, two beach towels, 2 hats.

On 11/30/2023 at 6:12 PM, jw_406 said:

I just got off of the Riviera on 11/19/23 and received the blue bag — here’s a picture. I really like the bag! One caveat, the snap didn’t work on mine, but the Reception Desk replaced it for me. 

IMG_0564.thumb.jpeg.69de7563f6eeaca53eb0482869958a26.jpeg

If that is what we get it will stay on board when we disembark...

2 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

The new bag worked well for us for LAUNDRY. We did laundry 5 times on our B2B on Riviera. Was easy to use this to put dirty laundry in and take down to the laundry room. But for shore excursions and bringing things back from ports, the older bag with the pockets, zippers, dividers and more works a whole lot better. And it seems bulletproof strength wise. As I've crammed bottles of hard liquor, wine and beer in it to bring back.

• Thanks 1

Well - we travel with a laundry bag so we don't need another one. I don't do laundry and ironing when I am on holiday - I have enough of that at home.  So everything goes to the butler and he takes care of it.    (And the new bag looks tacky to me!)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

I thought the same thing but hubby was quite pleased and has been using it quite a bit.  Though where we live, we mostly walk to the stores and it's fairly sturdy for carrying back heavier items for those times when it's a hassle to bring the buggy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

Well - we travel with a laundry bag so we don't need another one. I don't do laundry and ironing when I am on holiday - I have enough of that at home.  So everything goes to the butler and he takes care of it.

Of course, some of us are in G-A cabins, without any butler. We were A3 and B3. And we may prefer to do our own laundry knowing how we want our clothes done. (I find it relaxing on a sea day.) We spent 3 nights in Venice before the cruise and 3 nights in Barcelona after the cruise, so we needed to do laundry early in the 1st cruise and near the end of the 2nd.

5 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Of course, some of us are in G-A cabins, without any butler. We were A3 and B3. And we may prefer to do our own laundry knowing how we want our clothes done. (I find it relaxing on a sea day.) We spent 3 nights in Venice before the cruise and 3 nights in Barcelona after the cruise, so we needed to do laundry early in the 1st cruise and near the end of the 2nd.

It is nice I suppose that O. has the laundries on each floor and that they are free.  I hear on some lines they are not...  We will be in Zürich for a night and then fly to Malta for 3 nights before our cruise so I am planning to send laundry at the hotel in Malta so we can board with at least mostly clean things.  Then we spend 2 nights in Murano afterwards...but no hope there (!) laundry will be carted back on the train with us to Switzerland. But I will get as much as possible done on the ship.   It is always something you have to plan for.  (and I prefer planning excursions and meals to laundry!) 

10 minutes ago, GeorginaSpica said:

I thought the same thing but hubby was quite pleased and has been using it quite a bit.  Though where we live, we mostly walk to the stores and it's fairly sturdy for carrying back heavier items for those times when it's a hassle to bring the buggy.

That is certainly an idea for us.  We walk to the supermarket etc but I do use shopping bags in the car for my weekly shop.  (I also have one of those trolley bag things for the market.). Maybe I will just put it into the boot when I get home!!

31 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

It is nice I suppose that O. has the laundries on each floor and that they are free. ... It is always something you have to plan for.  (and I prefer planning excursions and meals to laundry!) 

Cabin 9129 was a bit away from the laundry room on the 1st of our B2B but 7036, for the 2nd half, was nicely situated just down the hall from that deck's laundry room. I don't tend to sleep in. So, I'd go to the laundry area at about 6:45ish AM to see if it was open and available. I'd find it open with no one in it. I'd then do the very first loads of laundry. Be done before or by 8:00-8:15. With clean laundry.

5 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Well - we travel with a laundry bag so we don't need another one. I don't do laundry and ironing when I am on holiday - I have enough of that at home.  So everything goes to the butler and he takes care of it.    (And the new bag looks tacky to me!)

I get the feeling no type of “complimentary” bag would be your taste. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, jw_406 said:

I get the feeling no type of “complimentary” bag would be your taste. 

Probably true.  I prefer to choose things for myself.  But from others' descriptions it looks as though this one might be useful for grocery shopping.  

51 minutes ago, edgee said:

We often take a bag from a different cruise line so that when on a beach or excursion ours is easy to spot..less chance of others mistakenly taking our bag. 

I thought I was the only one.  Seabourn cruise, used the O bag.  Viking cruise use the Seabourn bag.  Etc.  more than once I’ve had someone grab my bag by “mistake”, just doesn’t happen if your back is different from all of the others on the bus.

• Like 1