Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

23 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

20240206_113110.thumb.jpg.1b4688f161a9fa9c2fcb6c48bf0645df.jpg

Once again, John gets a special letter, but not me😮

Is it because he is on the full cruise and you are only on the 2 segments? Or are you now on the full cruise too?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

First time we visited in Italy, I knew about pickpockets so had a small money pouch that was tucked in my waist, and apparently while we were walking into St Peters, my friend who was a few people behind me told me that someone tried to pickpocket me.  But nothing was in my back pocket. I never even felt it! 

Patricia, I love your way of thinking. Apparently im just like you, because I would have answered the same way.  Enjoy your last days on this segment, we’ll sure miss your posts….until next time ☺️

Awww...thanks like minded sister!  😊  Mixed feelings on leaving the ship in 4 days...has been a great trip, will miss the new friends we made, and the wonderful crew. 🥰

But we have another remodel scheduled (laundry room this time) and need to finish up our office remodel we were just getting done with before we left.  

Next up, we have two more cruises before we rejoin in Barcelona...Wonder and a B2B paddle wheel river trip with American Queen in Oregon and Washington states.  Will connect that with a two week stay at a winery guest house outside of Portland to occupy our time before July.  😉 

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

@island lady you mentioned earlier that you flew from Orlando to Miami. What was the airline?  Might need it this summer. 

Delta.  Was a strange flight, as they are pretty much bringing the plane down just to pick up passengers for the return flight to fly to "land of the mouse".   There were only 10 passengers on it!!  😮 

Six checked bags...four of them ours.  Lady in baggage claim told us that it was very common with that first flight coming in from Orlando.  35 minute flight. 

They also told the few pax in coach that they all had upgrades to first class.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Is it because he is on the full cruise and you are only on the 2 segments? Or are you now on the full cruise too?

Correct, full cruisers get a few perks

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, island lady said:

Delta.  Was a strange flight, as they are pretty much bringing the plane down just to pick up passengers for the return flight to fly to "land of the mouse".   There were only 10 passengers on it!!  😮 

Six checked bags...four of them ours.  Lady in baggage claim told us that it was very common with that first flight coming in from Orlando.  35 minute flight. 

They also told the few pax in coach that they all had upgrades to first class.  😉 

Shortest flight I ever took was Louisville to Cincinnati. Never got above 17000 feet in our 15 minute flight

Fun fact, Cincinnati Airport is in KY🤣

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Midway7934 said:

Dear Island lady,

I have been following along with you for the last two months. It has been a pleasure sharing in your travels and experiences. You are a beautiful person who faces life in a wonderful, positive way. Thank you for brightening my days with your stories and yes, your underlying uplifting philosophy. I wish you would have Bucky take a picture of you or have someone take a picture of you together. God bless you both and thank you. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Awww...you make me blush. ☺️🥰 

Thank you sooo much for the personal letter.  You really made my day!  I indeed have been enjoying posting on this thread, as it has become a true joy sharing our adventure with everyone both on board and virtually cruising with us.  🤗 

I actually posted a picture of myself when we first encountered the cold weather on our approach to Antarctica wearing a fluffy fleece hoodie on the deck with snow around my feet quite awhile back.  Dear sister gave me that fleece and I wanted to prove to her I was wearing it.  😉 

Bucky and I will return on July 10th in Barcelona to rejoin the ship.  Will continue to post again from there, assuming this thread is still active....if not...will start another one?  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Weather in Cabo looks good for tomorrow.  Hopefully get to actually take a tender to port.  😉  We lowly quarterly subjects required to collect tender tickets in Safari lounge this afternoon.  😉 

70 degrees, cloudy, with light winds.  Ahhh...perfect!  No tour scheduled, we plan on just walking around to enjoy the port city (we love Mexico)...and have a few subjects lined up to check out for a lunch spot.  🤗

Edited by island lady
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

Brightline is an option as well

It worked out well for us in December. Very comfortable and quiet. Ubered through them from port to train and train to home as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

Shortest flight I ever took was Louisville to Cincinnati. Never got above 17000 feet in our 15 minute flight

Fun fact, Cincinnati Airport is in KY🤣

Richmond to DC. Puddle jumper with windows that actually opened. Maybe got to 10,000 ft at one point, but it was take off, coast a bit, and land. It took longer to load the pax and luggage than it took for the flight. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Red Sea / Suez Canal Excursion

Hopefully Not!!

Any talk from Captain what they intend to do yet?

The Captain will change in LA as well.

Jason Liberty addressed the Suez issue on the quarter earnings meeting:

“Regarding the situation in the Red Sea, the safety of our guests and crew is of top priority and we are constantly monitoring the situation. We only have a handful of repositioning cruises scheduled in the region this year and have already rerouted one of our Silversea ships and have contingency plans for a couple others in the spring.”

• Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Which day do you leave the ship? It seems like the time has gone by very quickly.

Indeed it has.  As they say...time flies when you are having fun...and we did have fun.  😊

Sunday the 11th is "zero out".....  😉  Delta to Orlando, shuttle service to home by around midnight if all goes well.   

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Indeed it has.  As they say...time flies when you are having fun...and we did have fun.  😊

Sunday the 11th is "zero out".....  😉  Delta to Orlando, shuttle service to home by around midnight if all goes well.   

Sunday is also the end of my Odyssey cruise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Red Sea / Suez Canal Excursion

Hopefully Not!!

Any talk from Captain what they intend to do yet?

What would he say other than we are avoiding the area if it comes to that two months from now..

Edited by orville99
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mugtech said:

They claim the Hotel California in Cabo is the one the Eagles wrote the song about.  I have my doubts.

The supposed hotel is in Todos Santos which is about an hour north of Cabo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Weather in Cabo looks good for tomorrow.  Hopefully get to actually take a tender to port.  😉  We lowly quarterly subjects required to collect tender tickets in Safari lounge this afternoon.  😉 

70 degrees, cloudy, with light winds.  Ahhh...perfect!  No tour scheduled, we plan on just walking around to enjoy the port city (we love Mexico)...and have a few subjects lined up to check out for a lunch spot.  🤗

Right in the marina, if you want something casual, I'd suggest Sanchos.

Edited by detroitavant

1 hour ago, island lady said:

You can always wander over to Sammy Hagar's Cabo Wabo. 🍹

• Like 2