Loyalty discount?

jeanlyon

We certainly received the full 10% discount off the cruise we booked yesterday for January 2026. From my experience, booking during this introductory stage is financially worthwhile, especially for cabins that sell out quickly and don’t make it to the later ‘saver’ stage. The OBC we received was greater than the difference between select and early saver, regardless of the other lesser benefits.

• Like 1

(I also couldn't resist)

I needed to Google "Avenue 5", and the opening text of the first hit (IMDb) says "The troubled crew of Avenue 5, a space cruise ship filled with spoiled, rich, snotty space tourists must try and keep everyone calm after their ship gets thrown off course into space and ends up needing three years to return to Earth"

So if that is the P&O target market for 3025 then I will be looking for a different cruise line.

• Haha 2

On 12/3/2023 at 12:26 PM, pete14 said:

We certainly received the full 10% discount off the cruise we booked yesterday for January 2026. From my experience, booking during this introductory stage is financially worthwhile, especially for cabins that sell out quickly and don’t make it to the later ‘saver’ stage. The OBC we received was greater than the difference between select and early saver, regardless of the other lesser benefits.

Yes, but not for 2024/25.  Whereas with Fred, it doesn't matter what cruise or when, still get 5% off.

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes, but not for 2024/25.  Whereas with Fred, it doesn't matter what cruise or when, still get 5% off.

I know you're a fan of Fred but they could give me enough discount and we are balcony lovers and their prices are ridiculous for balconies.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

The 10% discount I took advantage of was for booking early on launch. No doubt, in the 2+ years between now and sailing, there will be other offers, especially if the cruise isn’t selling well. Maybe the 5% discount that Fred offers is balanced by offering less OBC. I always think the most reliable cost of the cruise is the Fare minus the OBC. I would be astonished if I could book a suite on Fred for what I paid for this one, whether I take the generous OBC into account or not. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I know you're a fan of Fred but they could give me enough discount and we are balcony lovers and their prices are ridiculous for balconies.

I agree. Liverpool would work well for us, but Fred’s prices are soooo high. And they’re only Terraced balconies. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, david63 said:

From the limited comparisons that I have done Fred's prices are higher than Cunard's!

They certainly can be, we used to cruise a fair bit with Fred and found their prices comparable with P&O but then they seemed to keep hiking the prices, however they must be doing something right if they can maintain the prices as they are, whereas P&O are going in the opposite direction.

We liked the varied itineraries that Fred had plus they tended to have more sea days which we enjoyed. We do get the odd offer but nothing that has tempted us.

• Like 1

We are on the Bolette.  Our friend did a cruise on her and thought she was very nice, so looking forward to it.  Will be interesting to see what the food is like compared to P&O.  We are going to St Malo, Brest, the Azores, Madeira and Porto.  Makes a change.

• Like 2