What happens if you make a Princess cruise deposit and then forget about it?

thermal

I made a deposit on a Princess cruise for April 2024, final payment is due at the end of January.  What would happen if I took no further action? 

Would the deposit be refunded to me automatically?  

Would I lose the deposit?  

Would I be given an extended period of time to make my final payment?  Ot something else entirely?  

Thank you kindly.

First, you need to know if you made a ‘refundable’ deposit as Princess has now introduced/expanded ‘non refundable’ deposit options on many of their sailings.

If you make a deposit on a sailing and do nothing, after the final payment date, you are subject to cancellation penalties and they are should be outlined on your confirmation/cruise summary.

• Like 2

If you don't cancel the cruise before the final payment due date, you will have a cancellation fee, which would be your deposit, if refundable. Not all deposits are refundable.

Edited by upsmanclt

No worries - if you booked directly with Princess, you will get an email reminder about two weeks before final payment. If you booked with a TA, he or she should also send you a reminder, if they're any good! The TAs that I've worked with always request the payment about a week before it's due, to make sure it goes through in plenty of time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The title of this thread just blows my mind....

Because of the title I initially wondered if the OP was asking about having  bought a Future Cruise Deposit onboard. If that was the case it would be automagically refunded to the original card used for payment. However, looking back at the post it does indeed seem the OP has put down a deposit on a cruise and then, somehow, forgotten about having done so. I think there must be more to the story.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

"Because of the title I initially wondered if the OP was asking about having  bought a Future Cruise Deposit onboard. If that was the case it would be automagically refunded to the original card used for payment. However, looking back at the post it does indeed seem the OP has put down a deposit on a cruise and then, somehow, forgotten about having done so. I think there must be more to the story."

I placed a deposit on a cruise about a year ago (to secure a desired room).  The payment due date is at the end of April 2024.  

Since placing my deposit, my living expenses have increased dramatically and I'm being more cautious about expenditures.  E.g. my home's insurance cost increased by 20% last year.

The cruise seemed a certainty a year ago; now I give it 50/50 on going ahead.   Thus the question....

Edited by thermal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thermal said:

"Because of the title I initially wondered if the OP was asking about having  bought a Future Cruise Deposit onboard. If that was the case it would be automagically refunded to the original card used for payment. However, looking back at the post it does indeed seem the OP has put down a deposit on a cruise and then, somehow, forgotten about having done so. I think there must be more to the story."

I placed a deposit on a cruise about a year ago (to secure a desired room).  The payment due date is at the end of April 2024.  

Since placing my deposit, my living expenses have increased dramatically and I'm being more cautious about expenditures.  E.g. my home's insurance cost increased by 20% last year.

The cruise seemed a certainty a year ago; now I give it 50/50 on going ahead.   Thus the question....

Okay. That’s a completely different question than what you asked in the thread title. 

There’s a cancellation pro rate schedule you should have in your confirmation details. If your final payment is still 4 months away, you may be at 100%refund, but only you can look at your paperwork to know. You may have a non refundable deposit.