Can you use a Starbucks Gift Card on the Epic??

ready2cruzagain

I know there is a Starbucks on the Epic. I am buying door prizes for our M & G and was considering buying a Starbucks gift card for a prize. Would anyone who has been on the Epic know for sure if you can use the gift cards at Starbucks on the ship. I have read that some ships don't allow it.

Starbucks gift cards can be used on Viva also. I understand(what the Starbucks employee told us) it's fleetwide for ships with Starbucks. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Comes in very handy. While the food has been excellent on the Viva in all venues the standard brewed coffee has been very, very hot or miss, and mainly it's a miss. Very weak. 

Edited by kwokpot

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AdventureTeacher said:

We have booked Bliss for next year. App shows a Starbucks unlimited package. 
anyone used this? Have a menu of Starbucks on board with prices?? 

You would have to drink a lot of Starbucks in my opinion to make it worth it .  We were told everyone in cabin has to have the plan. With so much good food I only had two Frappuccino’s in one 7 day cruise. 

4 hours ago, AdventureTeacher said:

We have booked Bliss for next year. App shows a Starbucks unlimited package. 
anyone used this? Have a menu of Starbucks on board with prices?? 

This is an example NCL Starbucks menu from a few weeks ago. 

Fine print says order your favorite drink and they will make it. And these are all Grande prices. 

personally, I would not spend hours a day standing in line to “get my money’s worth” of Starbucks when the coffee is free in the buffet, observation lounge, and every seated restaurant. 
IMG_4013.thumb.jpeg.d90a04c654c71d2e6abe2d7761c33ae0.jpeg

IMG_4014.jpeg

IMG_4015.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2023 at 3:00 AM, ready2cruzagain said:

I know there is a Starbucks on the Epic. I am buying door prizes for our M & G and was considering buying a Starbucks gift card for a prize. Would anyone who has been on the Epic know for sure if you can use the gift cards at Starbucks on the ship. I have read that some ships don't allow it.

Yes. If the ship has a Starbucks (some ships do not), you can use your gift card. The Epic has a Starbucks on Deck 5 mid-ship. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AdventureTeacher said:

That’s what I am thinking. We are known to have 1-2 daily (especially to keep going with all the activities on port days!) the non dairy creamer is my big draw.  
I will just save up all the gift cards from Christmas I think! 

I just use my app on my phone and get the Stars for future purchases (off the ship). And I've never stood in line more than 10 minutes, even at peak times. Certainly not 'hours'. 

This is good info.  We typically like the smaller ships and so far the ones we have been on do not have Starbucks but we are booked on the Joy and I will use my app and make sure I have plenty of money on my card.  While I drink the coffee on the ship an a lot of it, it really is terrible coffee so im looking forward to this next cruise

On 12/11/2023 at 4:22 PM, APDMOM said:

That would be a nice door prize! 

I wonder about this too… only for Escape. If nobody replies, I guess I will find out firsthand on Sunday😁

Just reporting back from our cruise on Escape:  

They serve/sell Starbucks coffee at the cafe in the atrium.  However, it is not a licensed Starbucks, so you cannot use the gift cards on Escape. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, APDMOM said:

Just reporting back from our cruise on Escape:  

They serve/sell Starbucks coffee at the cafe in the atrium.  However, it is not a licensed Starbucks, so you cannot use the gift cards on Escape. 

Thank you! I found out that the Epic does have a licensed Starbucks on the ship so gift cards and the app can be used. I have one GC purchased for a door prize and will buy one more.

• Like 2