Is there a group about solo cruisers looking for someone to share their cabin?

It can be difficult to find strangers willing to share a stateroom on a cruise, and this site will not offer any assistance.  Have you considered local organizations such as a church or other community organization where there may be people of common interest who also may not be complete strangers?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WashingtonCruiserDC said:

I sail out of Baltimore and favor Royal Caribbean. I'm looking for a group that discusses finding a another cruiser to share the cabin so as to avoid the single supplement penalty.

Thank you.

I sail solo and I don’t look at it as a penalty. Rather than seeing it as a negative, look at a daily cost. What would you spend per night on a land vaca? Including hotel, food and entertainment? I set a rate per night I’m willing to pay, and stick to it. 

Booking a cabin with a stranger might save money - but you should stop to think of all the potential problems.  It would be far better to find someone locally - through work associates, possibly through a local fraternal organization or church - so you would have a chance to get to know someone before committing yourself to share a 100 or so square foot cabin and small bathroom for a week with a total stranger.   If nothing else try one of those “meeting people” ads in a local paper - get to know someone BEFORE locking yourself up with him/her.

• Like 3

And one point to consider - if you end up sharing a cabin with a stranger, there is only one safe.

How will you both safeguard your valuables?

You'd trust your passport, credit card info and cash with a stranger?

I sail solo and, as above, I look at the daily cost, not the solo supplement.

• Like 1