Paradise Beach

kcmo74

16 hours ago, MLAW said:

We arrived at Paradise Beach around 9 AM because I wanted as much time as possible there.

That's us. Were they ready to start serving drinks that early?

For the record, and no judgment to anyone who wants alcohol at 9am on vacation, I had something more like the smoothies in mind.

They immediately brought us chips and salsa on their own and took our drink orders.  There are plenty of alcoholic and non alcoholic options.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MLAW said:

There are plenty of alcoholic and non alcoholic options.

You say that as if I don't glance at the food and drink menu from their website every so often even though we're not going until July and I even have one cruise booked before that one, lol.

Thanks again for the info.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

You say that as if I don't glance at the food and drink menu from their website every so often even though we're not going until July and I even have one cruise booked before that one, lol.

Thanks again for the info.

You sound like me!  lol

• Like 1

I will be there on Wednesday.  There will be four cruise ships in the port on that day so I'm assuming it will be packed.  We jumped on a day bed when booking so we are excited.  Will report back on how everything is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin in CT said:

I will be there on Wednesday.  There will be four cruise ships in the port on that day so I'm assuming it will be packed.  We jumped on a day bed when booking so we are excited.  Will report back on how everything is. 

Four ships in Cozumel is a light day! Are they all mammoths?

13 minutes ago, Kevin in CT said:

Looking forward to it!

This is our first ever cruise!  So we will be on the Wonder.  Also in the port:

Mariner of the Seas

Carnival Breeze

Celebrity Reflection

MSC Seascape

So 5 ships in total.  I think I've read Cozumel can hold 7?

Just left Paradise Beach.  

Food and drinks are solid!  We got a daybed 14.  Highly recommended this bed, close to the pool and straight shot to the beach.  

Only negative is that there is a good amount of sargassum.  Workers were working hard to clear it up but I believe it has been an issue for the past week.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kevin in CT said:

Food and drinks are solid!  We got a daybed 14.  Highly recommended this bed, close to the pool and straight shot to the beach.  

Thanks for the timely review! Glad #14 worked out since I passed along the recommendation, lol. Hope you're enjoying my favorite ship!

Any food or drink highlights?

Edited by OCSC Mike

6 hours ago, Kevin in CT said:

Only negative is that there is a good amount of sargassum.  Workers were working hard to clear it up but I believe it has been an issue for the past week.

Sorry you encountered that.

Sargassum is unusual on that coast and for that long. We have found they are unprepared to deal with it as efficiently as some places since it isn’t a regular occurrence. Have there been storms? 

How big are the day beds… wondering how many folks fit on them… we are a party of 5 and only one is left on the day we will be there (#11 by the pool)… so wondering if we should get it, but don’t want to have room for 2 and then 3 folks sit out by the beach

6 hours ago, Nuttz4Sports said:

How big are the day beds… wondering how many folks fit on them… we are a party of 5 and only one is left on the day we will be there (#11 by the pool)… so wondering if we should get it, but don’t want to have room for 2 and then 3 folks sit out by the beach

Search YouTube for videos. There are some pretty good ones that show you the beach beds close-up.

Also, Paradise Beach was very responsive via e-mail when I had questions before booking a daybed if you want to go that route.

Hope that helps.

On 4/10/2024 at 4:29 PM, Kevin in CT said:

thanks for coming back and letting us know. I am leaning towards PB.  Someone on this site brought up Bucannos so looking at that too.

On 4/10/2024 at 11:35 PM, Nuttz4Sports said:

You can easily fit 3, and possibly more depending on how you arrange yourselves, but you also have a table with 4 chairs next to the bed so everybody can be in the area together. We had 11 between 2 beds and just switched throughout the day as some went to the beach or pool while others napped or lazed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kcmo74 said:

You can easily fit 3, and possibly more depending on how you arrange yourselves, but you also have a table with 4 chairs next to the bed so everybody can be in the area together. We had 11 between 2 beds and just switched throughout the day as some went to the beach or pool while others napped or lazed.

I can see that working if you have two beds and table/chairs in between but doesn’t it rather encroach on next day bed if you are in the middle of a run? Not sure I would want to pay that much for a day bed and then have a large group right at my side.

Of course lack of personal space is also my main issue with the loungers on the beach elbow-to-elbow at Paradise Beach. I like a little space not the ability to have to listen to the conversation of the people next door. The facilities are very good but personal space, not so much. I would have to choose the end of a run and hope.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I would have to choose the end of a run and hope.

Funny you mention that. We chose a beach daybed on the end (#14) for July. I was checking my reservation online a few days ago (they have a map on their website that lets you choose your daybed and you can switch it yourself after it’s booked). Anyway, suddenly there’s a new daybed next to ours (#22) and two other new ones by the pool (#20-21).

IMG_2063.thumb.png.2b9b069805a9e2fa10aea4538f357446.png

I emailed them about it and they got back to me very quickly and said those 3 new ones are being installed in the next 2 weeks. They offered to switch us to #22 but I didn’t want to do that without seeing the view (you can click on any of the numbers & it will show you the view looking out from the daybed). The woman said as soon as they’re installed she would send me a pic from #22 & then we can decide to switch or not.

I’ve been very impressed with their pre-trip customer service thus far.

• 2 weeks later...