Paradise Beach

kcmo74

We spent last Tuesday at Paradise Beach during our stop at Cozumel. The taxi ride was roughly $20 each way, we had a different number of people each time so it was a different amount coming and going, we had also pre-booked so there was trying to strong arm us to another club. We had a group of 11 mixed with kids and adults, and we pre booked the AI with 2 of their daybeds. First impressions: the club was clean and organized as advertised, the staff was very friendly and accommodating, and everything looked as we expected from previous reviews and their website. The day beds were well worth the extra $50 and gave us a nice home base for the day, and a relaxing spot to chill between activities. Service was constant and quick, the drinks were good, and the food was unlimited. I thought I had seen in other reviews that you got 1 app and 1 entrée, but they told us it was unlimited food, so we took full advantage and tried many things off the menu. We all agreed that the majority of the food was very good. Spent mixed time around the pool and at the beach. 6 members of our party ended up going parasailing for $65pp, and they all loved it. There were some people snorkeling off of their small pier and seeing lots of fish, we could also see many of them just standing on the pier. Overall we had a great experience at Paradise Beach and wouldn't hesitate to go there again if we return to Cozumel in the future.

The one down side of the day, and this is no reflection of the club just a general warning when traveling to foreign countries/islands, was when two locals managed to sneak into the club looking for targets to steal from. They seemed to hang out for a while casing the area then they moved in to steal my nephew's wallet off our table. A fellow cruiser at another table noticed first and yelled at them to put it down, and then we joined in and were able to scare them off before they actually took anything. The club was quick to act and I believe they detained them until the federal police arrived. I recommend everybody just stay aware of your surroundings and keep valuables in your bags/hidden as much as possible. One great thing about PB is that there were no vendors and nobody trying to sell you on things, so that was great.

If you have any questions ask away.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Ditto. Going there for the 1st time this summer.

@kcmo74  Any food favorites?

Wife loved their nachos, I thought the breaded shrimp and quesadillas were both good, and the people in our group who got fajitas enjoyed those too. There guac was pretty good, as I've heard from others on here in the past.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kcmo74 said:

Wife loved their nachos, I thought the breaded shrimp and quesadillas were both good, and the people in our group who got fajitas enjoyed those too. There guac was pretty good, as I've heard from others on here in the past.

LOL And some like the taco truck, sounds like you’ll have to go twice!

you will certainly be able to get quantity compared to Nachi, although i believe their drinks menu is limited unless you upgrade?

I am still not understanding the purpose or concept of the itemized check when you leave if it is AI?

Edited by c-leg5

22 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

LOL And some like the taco truck, sounds like you’ll have to go twice!

you will certainly be able to get quantity compared to Nachi, although i believe their drinks menu is limited unless you upgrade?

I am still not understanding the purpose or concept of the itemized check when you leave if it is AI?

There was no itemized check when we left.

Brother-in-law loved the tacos from the taco truck.

Would definitely go twice, as stated in my review, would not hesitate to go back if we make it back to Coz.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kcmo74 said:

There was no itemized check when we left.

Brother-in-law loved the tacos from the taco truck.

Would definitely go twice, as stated in my review, would not hesitate to go back if we make it back to Coz.

Good choice for group of mixed ages especially teens and tweens. Lots of choices in Cozumel to suit all ages and budgets.

Recent thread about check and tipping. I am not sure if this has changed again since AI fee includes an amount for facility usage as well as consumption.

I have never received a consumption record at an AI and am not sure what purpose it serves. As i said perhaps they have changed again.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2957226-how-much-to-tip-at-paradise-beach/#comments

Edited by c-leg5

On 12/17/2023 at 10:05 AM, silentbob007 said:

Any thoughts about the best location of day beds?  Not sure if my toddler would prefer the ocean or pool but thinking pool. It also appears the cost for them has gone up to $70.

Yes, the price did go up.

My wife and I (no kids) debated the location. Given how far from the ocean the beach daybeds are, I'd think pool also with young kids involved. We went with the beach since we'd rather be looking at the ocean (although it doesn't seem like a great view) and don't plan to spend a lot of time, if any, in the pool.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 11:41 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Yes, the price did go up.

My wife and I (no kids) debated the location. Given how far from the ocean the beach daybeds are, I'd think pool also with young kids involved. We went with the beach since we'd rather be looking at the ocean (although it doesn't seem like a great view) and don't plan to spend a lot of time, if any, in the pool.

Thank you for the response.  I went ahead and booked one of the day beds closer to the bar.  It's been a while since I've gone somewhere new in Cozumel so looking forward to this adventure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 5:22 AM, silentbob007 said:

Thank you for the response.  I went ahead and booked one of the day beds closer to the bar.  It's been a while since I've gone somewhere new in Cozumel so looking forward to this adventure.

Toddler will definitely prefer the pool so you made a good choice, all of the beds around the pool are similar so exact location isn't a big deal, we picked the ones furthest on the end closest to the beach since we had a mix of ages and people going between pool and ocean all day. 

On 12/18/2023 at 11:41 AM, OCSC Mike said:

FWIW, someone I've been posting with elsewhere was there with multiple families about 10-12 days ago. They had 4 beach daybeds (#14-17) and enjoyed everything about their time there. They agreed with getting a beach daybed unless you specifically planned to use the pool a lot. They said the pool area was a bit louder and busier. Their 1st choice would be #14 (which my wife happened to choose) but they said the others were all perfectly fine too.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Kevin in CT said:

I just modified my reservation and added daybed #14 off the recommendation.  There weren't a lot of beds remaining, glad that one was still available.  

Hope you enjoy it! When are you going?

I have number 16 reserved for Wonder cruise the end of February.  I like the pool and my husband prefers the beach so I figured it is close to both.  I have been to Paradise Beach two times but it was before the AI options was available.  I will try to report back on the beach beds since it is our first time reserving one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We just returned from our cruise and wanted to report back regarding our beach bed experience.  There were 7 ships in port when we were in Cozumel and all the beach beds were reserved.  We had number 16 on the beach, which for us was the perfect location.  My husband is a beach guy while I prefer the pool so our location meant we were close to both.  The ones on the beach just seem a little more private than the ones by the pool.  Despite so many ships in port, there were still many, many unfilled beach chairs so, although it was busy, it did not feel overly crowded to me.  I liked that our beach bed also included a table and chairs for eating.  They were willing to bring you a lounge chair if you wanted one of those also.  The service was fantastic.  We both enjoyed our drinks and all the food.  I am not usually a napper, but I know I feel asleep at least once on the comfortable bed.  We truly enjoyed our day and this is our go to place when in Cozumel.  Happy to answer questions anyone might have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, MLAW said:

We just returned from our cruise and wanted to report back regarding our beach bed experience.  There were 7 ships in port when we were in Cozumel and all the beach beds were reserved.  We had number 16 on the beach, which for us was the perfect location.  My husband is a beach guy while I prefer the pool so our location meant we were close to both.  The ones on the beach just seem a little more private than the ones by the pool.  Despite so many ships in port, there were still many, many unfilled beach chairs so, although it was busy, it did not feel overly crowded to me.  I liked that our beach bed also included a table and chairs for eating.  They were willing to bring you a lounge chair if you wanted one of those also.  The service was fantastic.  We both enjoyed our drinks and all the food.  I am not usually a napper, but I know I feel asleep at least once on the comfortable bed.  We truly enjoyed our day and this is our go to place when in Cozumel.  Happy to answer questions anyone might have.

Under 30 days now! This is great news, thanks for the update!!!

20 hours ago, MLAW said:

Happy to answer questions anyone might have

Thanks for sharing.

Favorite food items? Any unique drinks you enjoyed?

I enjoyed the passion fruit mojito but did not care for the strawberry mojita (tasted very artificial).  All the food we had was good including nachos, individual pizzas, a burrito, and tacos.  My husband enjoyed trying different drinks and food so much that he had no appetite when we went to The Mason Jar for dinner that night. LOL

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 2:26 PM, MLAW said:

husband enjoyed trying different drinks and food so much that he had no appetite when we went to The Mason Jar for dinner that night. LOL

Nooooo! We love Mason Jar & are very strategic about not doubling up specialty dining with days we know I’ll stuff myself, lol.

Thanks for the response. I like to eat & will try as many Mexican items as I can but my picky wife will likely stick to American fare so glad you mentioned the pizza. A YouTube review I watched said it was good.

I like the idea of smaller portions when it’s all you can eat so I can try more things. We went to Mason Jar brunch when we were with an extended family group of 8 and tried a large portion of the menu. I’m trying to figure out how to order when it’s just the two of us. I liked so many things I don’t wanna skip any of them.

Thanks again for the review & response!

The problem at the Mason Jar is the servings are large making it challenging to try a lot of things.  Your wife with like the pizza.  I just got the cheese pizza and enjoyed it.  Tell her to also try the nachos.  She can pick and choose what she wants on them.  Although we decided nothing beats the nachos at Playmakers.  Off topic, but we really enjoyed having the unlimited specialty dining on the Wonder,

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MLAW said:

Tell her to also try the nachos.  She can pick and choose what she wants on them.

LOL, she won't eat anything but the chips and I can buy her Tostitos at home. Thanks though, you had no way of knowing how anti-Mexican food and picky she really is. She'll be fine with pizza, burgers, a plain cheese quesadilla, etc. One of the requirements for me to book a place like this is making sure there's stuff for her to eat so I know the menu works for her.

14 hours ago, MLAW said:

The problem at the Mason Jar is the servings are large making it challenging to try a lot of things.

That's why it worked so well when we were a family of 8. Lots of sharing. Our server was great and encouraged us to order the whole menu if we wanted but she also let us know which items were smaller than others or could be made smaller. As an example, the chicken n waffles usually comes with two pieces but you can get just one. Other things like the cinnamon roll are just going to be large (I foresee taking some of that back to our cabin for later). I eat a lot when I cruise so I'll make it work.

14 hours ago, MLAW said:

Off topic, but we really enjoyed having the unlimited specialty dining on the Wonder,

The UDP would never work for us b/c of how picky my wife is. We're frugal anyway and I actually enjoy just eating several smaller snacks/meals throughout the day from included venues rather than a huge lunch and dinner each day. That said, I'm sure I'd enjoy it, I would just wind up even more stuffed than I already get.

We obviously love Mason Jar brunch and we really like Playmakers. Giovanni's Table was always our favorite specialty dinner. Haven't tried it yet but will likely give Giovanni's Kitchen a try after this next cruise when we turn D+ and have our BOGO's (told ya we're frugal).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 1:51 PM, MLAW said:

We are in a similar situation with 7 ships in port this August.  When did you arrive? Was it busy then?

We are the second to last ship to get into port that day so I'm concerned it will be too busy.  We are used to going to Nachi.

We arrived at Paradise Beach around 9 AM because I wanted as much time as possible there.  It was very empty when we arrived.  Despite having 7 ships in port, it never got so busy that it felt crowded on the beach or in the pool.  There were plenty of empty chairs on the beach throughout the day.  Service was excellent and quick all day.  

• Like 1