Does the Eurodam salon do coloring?

DCDragonfly

Yes they do. Make sure you know exactly what color your regular stylist uses on your hair. I told them I wanted 8 underneath and 9 on top. They didn’t have those standard colors in stock. They tried to convince me to use “Ash Blonde” colors. My hair is a warm blonde, not ashy. Plus my skin tone is warm, not cool. It was totally the wrong color for me and she kept pushing me to do it. I finally walked out.

Having gray roots was better than having the wrong color that my regular hairdresser would have to fix.

I was on the World Cruise and it took over 2 months for them to stock the right colors for me - and that was only after talking to the salon manager multiple times.

I brought my own colors on the 2019 but opted to pack lighter for the 2023. I’m going to bring them when we go again in 2025!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, REOVA said:

Was on Eurodam last month. Wouldn't use them if it's the same staff. Not even for a haircut. 

What were your complaints?  I recently used the Oosterdam's hair salon for cut and color and was very satisfied with the cut and only half satisfied with the color.  Mu hair is curly, and not all hairdressers know how to cut curly or wavy hair. 

I second the recommendation to bring your own color if you can.  One company's "ash blonde" does not translate smoothly to another company's "ash blonde".  Also, be aware that it may not be not possible to get the color from your hair stylist because they frequently use products which are not readily available to the consumer.  OTOH

1 minute ago, Tampa Girl said:

What were your complaints?  I recently used the Oosterdam's hair salon for cut and color and was very satisfied with the cut and only half satisfied with the color.  Mu hair is curly, and not all hairdressers know how to cut curly or wavy hair. 

I second the recommendation to bring your own color if you can.  One company's "ash blonde" does not translate smoothly to another company's "ash blonde".  Also, be aware that it may not be not possible to get the color from your hair stylist because they frequently use products which are not readily available to the consumer.  OTOH

\\...Sorry, I hit the wrong key and the post got submitted.  I was going to say that it is a waste of time to try to replicate your usual color when you will be washing your hair aboard ship.  The ship's water is very hard on colored hair.  If you are going to be washing your air frequently aboard ship, be prepared to go home several shades lighter (in my case) than the color at the time of boarding.  The concierge on the Eurodam said that has to use a special prescription shampoo because of the damage to her hair caused by the ship's water.  

13 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

What were your complaints?  

I generally wouldn't use ship spa staff for extraordinary services such as color as you don't know what they will do and we've heard stories of lack of quality of some of the services. I've had many hair cuts on HAL and usually the staff is well trained and know what they are doing. You can tell by they way they are cutting your hair. My experience last month on Eurodam was a bad cut (I'm an easy 10 minute cut). When I went to my regular stylist after disembarkment a few days later she noticed the lack of blending and uneven cuts in my hair, it wasn't a different style, just a poor job. She was able to correct some but obviously much shorter. But hair grows so it's wasn't a permanent issue, unlike color.