How to Alter Flight Dates

sjmbruce

This is our 2nd cruise with NCL. Our first one with them was in Hawaii so I feel like our upcoming European trip is a whole new animal and I have lots of questions.  

First up: flights. 

Our cruise is in September and we purchased the flights through NCL. We'd like to spend additional time at the embarkation and disembarkation ports. What's the best way to tell NCL about our dates? When should we tell them?

yes. contact NCL and tell them you want a deviation on beginning and end.  I think the most they will give you is a 2 day deviation on both ends. You will lose your transportation from airport to cruise ship, but they will credit you back $25.00.  Must be done BEFORE final payment is made. try to do it via phone call, and not just emails.    I think you can find the phone numbers on the NCL website under "contact us" tab. 

2 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

yes. contact NCL and tell them you want a deviation on beginning and end.  I think the most they will give you is a 2 day deviation on both ends. You will lose your transportation from airport to cruise ship, but they will credit you back $25.00.  Must be done BEFORE final payment is made. try to do it via phone call, and not just emails.    I think you can find the phone numbers on the NCL website under "contact us" tab. 

I don't think you have to lose your transfer as long as you are able to get back to the airport at the appropriate time on the day of the cruise.  Of course, that may or may not work depending on the locations and where you plan to spend the extra time.

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

I've heard varying things about trying to do a deviation on both ends. Some people say they've done it...others said they could only do one end or the other. I suppose YMMV...

I think it depends on if you also book your hotel through NCL or not.

3 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

Note with BOGO, they credit the first passenger $25, but not the second as they consider the second passenger "free".

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

I don't think you have to lose your transfer as long as you are able to get back to the airport at the appropriate time on the day of the cruise.  Of course, that may or may not work depending on the locations and where you plan to spend the extra time.

Yes, that's what we did with getting from London to Southampton. We took a hotel by the terminal. We did not want to schlep our luggage into London, and it made it easy to get the transfer, just go back to the airport and meet the NCL representative.