Why no HIA on Grand Voyages?

LSegars

I have noticed that there is no HIA offered on Grand Voyages. That is, even though there are some longer non Grand Voyages that offer HIA. Anyone know why this is? Is there some special pricing for drinks and wifi on GV's? 

13 minutes ago, Bill B said:

That's only $16.52 per day!!!

Yes, quite the deal.  For us if we drink we only purchase during happy hour and not every day   Our bar bill for a cruise this length would probably be close to $300.00 for two people.   So for us no deal however for people who would like to drink even 2 to 3 drinks per day might be a good deal.

22 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

Yes, quite the deal.  For us if we drink we only purchase during happy hour and not every day   Our bar bill for a cruise this length would probably be close to $300.00 for two people.   So for us no deal however for people who would like to drink even 2 to 3 drinks per day might be a good deal.

We aren't big drinkers either, but were thrilled with this deal.  Even a couple drinks/day plus coffees, water, etc. makes it a great deal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lido deck main said:

On our Grand Australia, signature beverage package for 94 days is $1,552.98  Per person.  Quite the deal for people who like to drink. No deal on Wifi.  It is $729.00 if pre purchased before cruise, premium WiFi one device.

What does that HIA include (not all HIA packages are equal)? Is this just Beverages, any Internet? Any dining? any Shore Ex? any Grats?

Seems to me like even if it's just beverages I could drink $16 a day in water and coffee.

8 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

What does that HIA include (not all HIA packages are equal)? Is this just Beverages, any Internet? Any dining? any Shore Ex? any Grats?

Read it again. The prices are not for HIA, but for the Signature Beverage Package and the Surf (I assume) Wi-Fi Package when purchased separately.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Still something I would consider at that price.

I wouldn't even have to consider it. At $16.52 per day for the SBP, just one large, latte 'double shot' coffee in the morning and one glass of wine with dinner and you essentially 'break even' (assuming the wine is $12), anything beyond those is a bonus. It's the deal of the century!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill B said:

Read it again. The prices are not for HIA, but for the Signature Beverage Package and the Surf (I assume) Wi-Fi Package when purchased separately.

Poster said one-device Premium Wifi (only level available for pre-purchase, at 20% off on-board price. Which historically has made it just a little above Surf in price).

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Poster said one-device Premium Wifi (only level available for pre-purchase, at 20% off on-board price. Which historically has made it just a little above Surf in price.

I should read it again! 🫢😂

• Haha 2

The Grand World offered different packages for wifi and/or drinks. Most passengers are 4 and 5 star so maybe HAL probably didn't think it would sell for other items. And when you are sailing 120+ days, the per day package needs to be enticing. 

Understand that the Grand Voyage is a whole different animal. All the packages reflect that. Drinks cost less per day because passengers on a three month sailing aren't going to drink like people on a 7 day Caribbean. The Wi-Fi is going to be much less per day.