Discovery Princess Mini Suite

trbarton

I’m pretty sure your stateroom is a deluxe balcony, not a mini suite. Are you sure it’s on Emerald deck? Here is a link to the same stateroom on the Royal Princess if you’re wondering how the obstruction is.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/stateroom-details.php?ship=Royal-Princess-III&cabin=E510

24 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

I’m pretty sure your stateroom is a deluxe balcony, not a mini suite. Are you sure it’s on Emerald deck? Here is a link to the same stateroom on the Royal Princess if you’re wondering how the obstruction is.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/stateroom-details.php?ship=Royal-Princess-III&cabin=E510

Discovery does have mini suites on Emerald.  

2 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

Discovery does have mini suites on Emerald.  

Thank you. I see that there are some aft. Perhaps OP has the wrong stateroom number as E510 is definitely a deluxe balcony. We usually get one of the rooms down the hall on the bump out with the extended balcony.

• Thanks 1

@sunviking90, E510 is a BW Balcony cabin, not mini-suite according to Princess web site.

I just googled the cabin and the only photo I could find is from E510 on Royal (same floor print).

Photo of balcony did not look good to me (lifeboat right in line of site).

I would post pic but is copywrite so someone else can just google it.

Cheers

39 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

@sunviking90, E510 is a BW Balcony cabin, not mini-suite according to Princess web site.

I just googled the cabin and the only photo I could find is from E510 on Royal (same floor print).

Photo of balcony did not look good to me (lifeboat right in line of site).

I would post pic but is copywrite so someone else can just google it.

Cheers

I have a link to the photo in my post above. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

Thanks. You are right. A Deluxe Balcony, obstructed view with probably a lifeboat outside. I misread the deck plans. 

Tom😀

image.png

IMG_2123.jpeg

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

Thanks. You are right. A Deluxe Balcony, obstructed view with probably a lifeboat outside. I misread the deck plans. 

Tom😀

image.png

IMG_2123.jpeg

These are nice staterooms. It’s great to have a couch. Is that the Solar Eclipse cruise? Enjoy!

13 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’m in stateroom E510. It’s an obstructed view Mini Suite. Anyone been in this stateroom & have any photos?

It's my 1st cruise in a Mini Suite. 

Thanks!

Tom😀

All I can say is that I would book that cabin. The location is good. The obstruction isn't bad, since you have a good view looking out over the lifeboat. You can't see down, but that's not where the eclipse will be anyhow. 😂 And chances are that most of us who're on that cruise will need to leave our cabins to see the eclipse in full. Even if the ship rotates, a person would miss a lot of it by staying put in a cabin.

Edited by Sea Hag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bladerunner6 said:

If I may ask please, what is the difference between a Deluxe Balcony and Mini Suite, please?

Thanks.

Here’s what I found from the Princess Web site. A mini suite is usually larger plus instead of a shower you have a bathtub. You also have 2 TV’s & a curtain separating the sleeping area from the area with the sofa & the other TV. 

My deluxe balcony is an Obstructed View Balcony which may have a lifeboat outside which only blocks part of your view.  

There is a new stateroom on some ships called the Reserve Collection Mini-Suites.

I'm enclosing information that is on the Princess Web Site about the Muni Suite & the new Reserve Collection Muni Suite. . 

Hopefully someone can post photos of their mini suite. 

In looking at deck plans on the Discovery I’ve found that some Mini Suites are larger than others. 

I hope that this helps. 

I have enjoyed having a sofa in the Deluxe Balcony.

Tom😀

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by trbarton

1 hour ago, bladerunner6 said:

If I may ask please, what is the difference between a Deluxe Balcony and Mini Suite, please?

Thanks.

Deluxe balcony rooms are smaller with a loveseat size sofa and only a shower.

Mini suites are larger,  have a larger sofa, a privacy curtain to separate sleeping/sofa areas, two tvs, one for each area, and a shower/tub combo.

6 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

Deluxe balcony rooms are smaller with a loveseat size sofa and only a shower.

Mini suites are larger,  have a larger sofa, a privacy curtain to separate sleeping/sofa areas, two tvs, one for each area, and a shower/tub combo.

Do you have any photos of a Mini Suite which might help?

Tom

Edited by trbarton