Cruise the Vineyards

matymil

It popped up on my cruise manager about 2 or 3 weeks (less than month) before sail date.  We have consistently purchased this package throughout the years but this was first time we can remember having an offer specially regarding this package.  Typically we get a general reminder about the package at some point (I believe the reminders come as emails mostly).  We dont always purchase ahead and will wait until boarding but this offer caught our eye.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Obviously the program has changed since we last used it, but that’s fine.  Is it still allowed to take an unfinished bottle from dinner to your room, or do they have to store it for you?

You can take it with you. We do it all the time. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mz-s said:

e Cruise the Vineyards program is specifically for the restaurants. 

This is not true in our experience. One you get the "vouchers' you can turn them in for a bottle of wine at any bar to take back to your cabin.

• Like 1

I’ve purchased Cruise the Vineyard my last four cruises and you can buy it in advance or on the ship.  The wines in the cheaper package aren’t very good but it makes the MDR experience much nicer.  My wife and I are on the Sunrise out of Miami on Jan. 8, 2024 and since its our anniversary we wanted everyone at the table to enjoy the champagne on or day.

10 hours ago, Dr. John from PG County said:

The wines in the cheaper package aren’t very good but it makes the MDR experience much nicer.

Whatever you do, avoid the GIFFT (Kathie Lee Gifford) Pinot Grigio in the basic packages.  I've tried to order it three times since the restart from COVID (last time two months ago) and each time they tried to serve me 2019 or 2020 vintage that had been sitting around and baking since before the COVID shutdown,  The first time I tried it, it was spoiled and I sent the bottle back; the next two times I sent it back (without opening it) or told the server not to bother bringing it out because it was still the 2019 or 2020 swill.

I think it used to be in the deluxe package but presumably they dropped it to the basic package to get rid of it.  But I for one am not taking it off their hands, so my go-to white has become the Sauvignon Blanc in the basic package.

• Like 1

My mom and I noticed "old wine" from the premium package when we cruised on MG in October 2021. We tried a number of varietals and they were all skunky.  Very disappointed in Carnival trying to serve wine that had been sitting onboard for a year and a half that had turned.

Anyone know? I would like to pre-purchase a 4 pack of beer/cider for each myself and husband for our stateroom. Will this cruise the vineyard package still be available to us to purchase onboard if we have already each purchased a liquor product for in our room? Thanks!