Future Cruise Package: Any Experiences?

nymshowdown

Had a Princess rep call me the other night offering their "Future Cruise Package". When you run the numbers, it does sound like a decent deal if you're already planning on booking $3k worth of cruises over the next 24 months. You're basically paying $49 for a 5 night resort stay, but it's limited to "thousands of top rated resorts" and I'm skeptical on their definition of that. Could easily be $1,000+ in value there depending on what resorts are bookable. 

Here's a summary of what the package includes. Anyone with any experience booking this package? 

Princess Future Cruise Package provides incredible incremental value and flexibility by allowing you to reserve your next Princess cruise without having to commit to a specific sail date.   Priced at $3499, your package includes $3,000 Future Cruise Credits, $100 Onboard Credits, $350 Hotel Credits, and one 5-night Stay Certificate.

Future Cruise Credits (FCCs)
Future Cruise Credits allow you to purchase your Princess cruise(s) once you are ready to book. Each FCC is worth $1, allows you to sail over the next 24 months, and can be used towards any future cruise booking with Princess. FCCs may be applied to one cruise or multiple cruises - the choice is yours!

Onboard Credits (OBCs)
An Onboard Credit (OBC) is a dollar amount that will be credited to your account for the first cruise booked as part of your Princess Future Cruise Package.  Onboard Credits can be applied to expenses charged using your Princess Medallion during your cruise and can also be used as credit towards shore excursions, beverages, items purchased in the Shops of Princess, and services at the Lotus Spa.

Hotel Credits
Hotel Credits are exclusive to Princess Future Cruise Packages and allow you to save on hotel rooms found in the Princess Promotions hotel store. This booking engine includes tens of thousands of hotels around the world, including some of your favorite resort and island locations. Your Hotel Credits expire in 24 months, giving you plenty of time to find your next exciting destination.

Stay Certificates
Your package includes a 5-night Stay Certificate that can be used to reserve accommodations, at thousands of top-rated hotels and resorts around the world. You can combine your Stay Certificate as a pre- or post-stay with your cruise or use it for an entirely separate vacation. Like your cruise, you must complete your stay within 24 months of purchasing your package.

On 12/29/2023 at 5:57 AM, nymshowdown said:

Had a Princess rep call me the other night offering their "Future Cruise Package". When you run the numbers, it does sound like a decent deal if you're already planning on booking $3k worth of cruises over the next 24 months. You're basically paying $49 for a 5 night resort stay, but it's limited to "thousands of top rated resorts" and I'm skeptical on their definition of that. Could easily be $1,000+ in value there depending on what resorts are bookable. 

Here's a summary of what the package includes. Anyone with any experience booking this package? 

Princess Future Cruise Package provides incredible incremental value and flexibility by allowing you to reserve your next Princess cruise without having to commit to a specific sail date.   Priced at $3499, your package includes $3,000 Future Cruise Credits, $100 Onboard Credits, $350 Hotel Credits, and one 5-night Stay Certificate.

Future Cruise Credits (FCCs)
Future Cruise Credits allow you to purchase your Princess cruise(s) once you are ready to book. Each FCC is worth $1, allows you to sail over the next 24 months, and can be used towards any future cruise booking with Princess. FCCs may be applied to one cruise or multiple cruises - the choice is yours!

Onboard Credits (OBCs)
An Onboard Credit (OBC) is a dollar amount that will be credited to your account for the first cruise booked as part of your Princess Future Cruise Package.  Onboard Credits can be applied to expenses charged using your Princess Medallion during your cruise and can also be used as credit towards shore excursions, beverages, items purchased in the Shops of Princess, and services at the Lotus Spa.

Hotel Credits
Hotel Credits are exclusive to Princess Future Cruise Packages and allow you to save on hotel rooms found in the Princess Promotions hotel store. This booking engine includes tens of thousands of hotels around the world, including some of your favorite resort and island locations. Your Hotel Credits expire in 24 months, giving you plenty of time to find your next exciting destination.

Stay Certificates
Your package includes a 5-night Stay Certificate that can be used to reserve accommodations, at thousands of top-rated hotels and resorts around the world. You can combine your Stay Certificate as a pre- or post-stay with your cruise or use it for an entirely separate vacation. Like your cruise, you must complete your stay within 24 months of purchasing your package.

Those are from a 3rd party travel agent.  They change their name every couple of years, because of the poor reviews.  I don't trust them.

• Like 2

I wouldn't touch it!  Even though they *appear* to be "blessed" by Princess directly (given that they have your entire cruise history & such) that old adage about "being too good to be true" comes to mind.  Plus...I prefer to not have any kind of "middleman" between myself and anybody that I do business with.  Can you really count on these people to "be around" if/when something goes wrong?

On 12/29/2023 at 8:57 AM, nymshowdown said:

This offering was mostly panned in this forum when it came out and then a number of times afterwards when other random folks posted about it.  Seems like the story has not changed.  It is not something I would do.