LIVE * Bliss * 12/31/23-1/7/24 * New Year’s Haven-light Cruise

HBCcruiser

On 1/3/2024 at 3:33 PM, L1211 said:

Hey @HBCcruiser loving your review!!  Doing this same cruise with family in March.  A few q’s for you and thanks for any input!!  Have your same “haven light” plan in mind…
- Do you think the upgraded drink package was worth it? do you find the higher end wine by the glass available?  My husband just won’t drink cheap red.  I’m much more forging with whites!  He also likes high end bourbons and whiskey.  On MSC, they always “poured down” - never having the high end inventory… your experience?
- how was upgraded wifi?  I’ve heard you say it’s not great- I’ll have to check in with work throughout…

- how about about Vibe?  We’re huge fans from previous pre-pandemic cruises but the price is much higher.  Did you find time to use it? Worth it? 

thanks again- really enjoying your trip!! 

1. P+ drink package well worth it IMO. We drink higher end wines and have not had an issue getting what we want. Not every bar serves it but you learn which bars do and go there. Veuve and Silverado cab are our wines of choice on NCL.

2. The WiFi sucks. Period. We did not bother upgrading because it’s not worth it. We stuck with the unlimited which is just as sucky but not as expensive. At least we can text and email. Sending photos is a crapshoot and videos are a no-go. Until they switch to StarLink, don’t bother IMO. 

3. Vibe TOTALLY worth it if there are a lot of kids onboard and it’s a packed cruise like this one is. Today, for example, every hot tub was filled, mostly with kids/teens and there were no deck chairs to be had. The Vibe was fine. Also, in port they have lots of umbrellas in Vibe. Well worth it IMO. Oh and even that so called secret place on deck 19 outside Vibe was packed with kids. Not so secret anymore. I’ll try to take photos tomorrow.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Even though I can’t post photos I’ll take them and post when I can.

i went to the latitudes wine tasting event this afternoon The wines were Meh but I met some fun people. 😄

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

1. P+ drink package well worth it IMO. We drink higher end wines and have not had an issue getting what we want. Not every bar serves it but you learn which bars do and go there. Veuve and Silverado cab are our wines of choice on NCL.

2. The WiFi sucks. Period. We did not bother upgrading because it’s not worth it. We stuck with the unlimited which is just as sucky but not as expensive. At least we can text and email. Sending photos is a crapshoot and videos are a no-go. Until they switch to StarLink, don’t bother IMO. 

3. Vibe TOTALLY worth it if there are a lot of kids onboard and it’s a packed cruise like this one is. Today, for example, every hot tub was filled, mostly with kids/teens and there were no deck chairs to be had. The Vibe was fine. Also, in port they have lots of umbrellas in Vibe. Well worth it IMO. Oh and even that so called secret place on deck 19 outside Vibe was packed with kids. Not so secret anymore. I’ll try to take photos tomorrow.

I’m liking what you are saying about the wine.  Feel free to mention bars that serve the better wines.  Thanks. Getting excited

52 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Oh and even that so called secret place on deck 19 outside Vibe was packed with kids. Not so secret anymore. I’ll try to take photos tomorrow.

Oh no…I was going to ask you about that?  Thanks for the update.

glad you’re having a good time…and glad you purchased Vibe!

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Deb1953 said:

Looking for good tasting if you have any to recommend.  Thanks

my suggestion is to do your own tasting. Get a few different glasses of wine, some small plastic shot glasses and do a tasting. We plan on doing this tomorrow 😀🥂

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Deb1953 said:

I’m liking what you are saying about the wine.  Feel free to mention bars that serve the better wines.  Thanks. Getting excited

Bistro bar - Veuve and Silverado cab by the glass Thid is the ONLY bar that serves Veuve BTG.

Mixx Bar - glasses of Silverado and other good wines

Wine bar - Silverado 

All restaurants will get what you want. Might be a long wait but…🤷‍♀️

• Thanks 1

how was upgraded wifi?  I’ve heard you say it’s not great- I’ll have to check in with work throughout

I’ve been on the bliss twice, both with fas+ unlimited Wi-Fi w/streaming. Obviously not starlink, but wasn’t too bad all things considered.

Was on a 15 day bliss pc few weeks ago and took some random speed tests, results below. For the most,part the only troubles I had were streaming video (nfl, Hulu+). Could usually get streaming to work but sometimes took some patience.

Internet browsing, email, vpn, etc was usually fine. 

IMG_1706.png

Edited by JamesIowa
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Oh this is so helpful!  Doing the Free at Sea Plus pre-cruise, but Vibe is sold out for ore-cruise purchase.  They say “plenty” will be available on the ship.  Will see my alarm for a midnight check in 21 days out to get time onboard and make the sprint!  

on that- anyone know where they sell Vibe passes on the Bliss?

thanks again!!! Great review!! 

49 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Oh this is so helpful!  Doing the Free at Sea Plus pre-cruise, but Vibe is sold out for ore-cruise purchase.  They say “plenty” will be available on the ship.  Will see my alarm for a midnight check in 21 days out to get time onboard and make the sprint!  

Vibe is now sold before you board. There might be some passes left to buy at boarding, but if this is something you want, buy it before you get on board.

50 minutes ago, L1211 said:

My advice is to check online often to see if anyone cancels and vibe spots open up. If there are any passes available they will be in the Social deck 6. Good luck! Vibe sells out online quickly.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 11:08 AM, HBCcruiser said:

IMG_5069.thumb.jpeg.a00b9c17e0df47797432d2c414979efd.jpeg

Trying to recreate the iconic Beatles Abbey Road picture? 

Of course, I don't see Paul barefoot... (only CCers of a certain age will get the reference).

• Like 2

I played in the slot tournament but came in second with 63,800 points. Now in the Vibe. It’s probably our last day for sunning. It’s supposed to be cold tomorrow in Ensenada. 

IMG_5151.jpeg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Again, I am so happy to read you are enjoying your Vibe experience.    Our first NCL cruise was on the Escape during Christmas break in 2015.   It was a packed ship due to the week and that the Escape was a brand spanking new ship.   There were over 2000 children on board.   I am still very thankful to these boards which gave me a heads up about the existence of the Vibe and how to get a pass.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brookie848 said:

Vibe is now sold before you board. There might be some passes left to buy at boarding, but if this is something you want, buy it before you get on board.

It’s sold out - sail on 69 days and just booed.  I was told to keep looking- any idea where it ships up in the app?  Under “upgrade offers”??  Thanks!