Jan 20 2024 Seascape sold out ?

jgris90

We have 2 rooms booked on this cruise. A friend decided they might want to join andI  am only seeing suites available ? What's odd is I  keep getting emails to upgrade the rooms. 

Is it possibly a glitch ? is there a standby list we can put her on?

Posted (edited)

Are you trying to book her as a single?  If so, it might be they have few enough cabins left they won’t sell to a single.  EM

I just tried a mock booking for 2, suites and YC available.  Switch to a single and it’s sold out.  

Edited by Essiesmom

56 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Are you trying to book her as a single?  If so, it might be they have few enough cabins left they won’t sell to a single.  EM

I just tried a mock booking for 2, suites and YC available.  Switch to a single and it’s sold out.  

Yeah I'm getting the same thing !  Would they let us book a junior suite if she will pay the full double occupancy?

54 minutes ago, jgris90 said:

Yeah I'm getting the same thing !  Would they let us book a junior suite if she will pay the full double occupancy?

Check several times a day. We had the same situation for Jan 13. It showed entire ship sold out one day, then the next there were a handful available in almost all categories from inside to YC.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Upgrade offers independent of what rooms available.  Bids through third party for data mining.

It isn't just data mining, they are building a reserve list so when the inevitable late cancellations occur they already have the bases loaded....

11 hours ago, jgris90 said:

No, one person doesn't spend as much as two onboard so they are holding out for a full cabin at that point, but as mentioned above, you can sometimes get lucky if it gets close enough to departure that they give up on that and are willing to take a solo booking...

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 7:18 AM, Mark_T said:

It isn't just data mining, they are building a reserve list so when the inevitable late cancellations occur they already have the bases loaded....

No, one person doesn't spend as much as two onboard so they are holding out for a full cabin at that point, but as mentioned above, you can sometimes get lucky if it gets close enough to departure that they give up on that and are willing to take a solo booking...

I didn't say just for data mining.