LIVE-Prima Feb 2-9, 2024 from Galveston-Western Caribbean with PICs, Haven (HE)

I, myself, cannot wait to be bombarded with CN phone calls, Park West flyers, Effy jewelry deals, port shopping information, reminders to change the time, apologies for missing Jamaica (for our convenience), notices of nightly entertainment changes.  95 more days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

5 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

I, myself, cannot wait to be bombarded with CN phone calls, Park West flyers, Effy jewelry deals, port shopping information, reminders to change the time, apologies for missing Jamaica (for our convenience), notices of nightly entertainment changes.  95 more days.

really--thats a marvelous point 😍 because that means we are ON the ship

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Holy smokes….can the Cruise Next dept possibly leave more voice mails?  I know I’ll be leaving soon.  You’ve reminded me of your “specials” EVERY….SINGLE….FREAKIN’…DAY on my voice mail.  Give it a rest!😐

too bad we can't block that number 🙂

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Everyone complains about chair hogs but I see at least 6 open loungers in that picture.  

Yeah…crew has been fairly diligent about removing “saved” paraphernalia on the pool chairs.  Having a birds eye view from my balcony above, I see people put their towels, books, bags on the chairs early.  By the time I have coffee and a shower, I see crew coming by to remove said items 45 minutes later!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 10

26 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Everyone complains about chair hogs but I see at least 6 open loungers in that picture.  

Zoom in ... for a closer look, 5 out of 6 "vacant" ones have a NCL blue towels placed on it, marked to signal it's been taken/reserved, however.  Possibly one vacant but the view is obstructed by the window pillar.  

Crew members are supposed to monitor and remove those towels after 30+ minutes if the pax hasn't return to claim the space ... apparently, was "enforced" while we're eating & watching inside from the Food Hall last November.  

But, it certainly isn't anywhere packed & overcrowding, unlike the main pool & hot tubs "upstairs" for its convenience.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Zoom in ... for a closer look, 5 out of 6 "vacant" ones have a NCL blue towels placed on it, marked to signal it's been taken/reserved, however.  Possibly one vacant but the view is obstructed by the window pillar.  

Crew members are supposed to monitor and remove those towels after 30+ minutes if the pax hasn't return to claim the space ... apparently, was "enforced" while we're eating & watching inside from the Food Hall last November.  

But, it certainly isn't anywhere packed & overcrowding, unlike the main pool & hot tubs "upstairs" for its convenience.  

NCL puts rolled up blue towels on every chair in the morning so if they are not unraveled, they are are open loungers.  This is how it starts out.

I've been on nearly every Norwegian Cruise Line ship afloat; here are my  first impressions of the new Norwegian Prima - The Points Guy

Edited by Liljo22
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, graphicguy said:

And.  not sure who sent it or why I got this at Cagney’s, but appreciate it….Thanks!

IMG_2860.jpeg

Remember when I said if I had known your info, I would have sent flowers, champagne and a stripper?

I actually ordered the cake and the stripper was supposed to jump out of it. But considering the size of the cake, the stripper would have to be from the Elton John song, "Tiny Dancer".

• Haha 11

6 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Remember when I said if I had known your info, I would have sent flowers, champagne and a stripper?

I actually ordered the cake and the stripper was supposed to jump out of it. But considering the size of the cake, the stripper would have to be from the Elton John song, "Tiny Dancer".

She said you owe her money…😂

• Haha 7

Captain relayed the experience of picking up refugees out adrift last week.  They had been adrift since December….6 men, 2 women (both pregnant)…all in poor health, malnourished and dehydrated!.  They were treated by on board Medical staff and are still in the Hospital in Mexico.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

🤩 WOW that looks way more special than the usual BTS tour for Platinum+ folks. I might have to whine and post during my next cruise but I hesitate as I don't want @schmoopie17 stalking me or sending strippers to my room.

32 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Talk about Royal Treatment!!  Who do you have pictures of?🤣

Shhhh…I’m going to try to stretch this treatment out for a couple more cruises.  I plan on having some 8”x12” copies made!😂

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

I thought you'd have said Tina Turner/Private dancer --til I thought about that cake. Ha!🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Asked the Captain about conflicting guest capacity.  He said NCL adjusted the crew to guest ratio in favor of the guests ... more crew vs adding more guests!

Since you didn't asked, someone from NCL has been "reading" this live CC posts and figured out, a bridge tour would be a nice treat for you since the comp'd tour was full (it's not mind reading with their crystal ball) as I've suggested earlier, with a MSRP of $139 to $149 or whatever.  Nice & kudo 👍

As for the official count, you might not realized that the numbers were posted on the bridge and in one of your photos above - zoom in & up close ... it read - 3,332 pax and 1,461 crew for a total of 4,793 souls on this sailing.  Putting the ship at 107% above double occupancies for pax or about 85% of max pax/lifeboat capacity ... with almost 570 berth or bedding for additional pax (children, teens ... and toddlers, etc.) 

What's not showing is whether they have any and number of "service animals" onboard ... something the ship's accessible officers do know & have on hand.  

Isn't it time for afternoon high tea in the Haven lounge and where is dinner tonight ? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Asked the Captain about conflicting guest capacity.  He said NCL adjusted the crew to guest ratio in favor of the guests.

So, more crew vs adding more guests!

Could he also have been suggesting that they cut crew in order to book more guests?  I could read that either way.