How long will Celebrity hold Reserved shore excursions?

Mariettte

As above. I've reserved a whole slew of excursions but I want to check with friends on the same cruise before paying for them. Any idea how long they'll hold them? Could the excursion sell out while I have it reserved? Lots are sold out already.  

7 hours ago, Mariettte said:

As above. I've reserved a whole slew of excursions but I want to check with friends on the same cruise before paying for them. Any idea how long they'll hold them? Could the excursion sell out while I have it reserved? Lots are sold out already.  

I have never heard of reserving without paying. How did you do this? In your cart means nothing

You may save in your cart until payment, but in the interim the excursion may go up in price which you'll pay unless you cancel....at least in my experience when I forgot I had held it.

• Like 1

I don't believe there is any holding/reserving excursions without paying.  That system would be problematic as excursions would quickly become "full" with passengers who just "reserved" a slew of excursions while they decide what to do and thus preventing passengers who are ready to book and pay from signing up for their selected excursions.  So if one wants to book an excursion, they need to book it and make the appropriate payment.

Just read the cancellation policy very carefully and book and pay for just those excursions you think you will take.  If, after talking with your travel companions, you need to cancel one or two of those bookings for a refund in accordance with the cancellation policy, no big deal.

9 hours ago, Mariettte said:

Yes, the excursion can sell out while it's in your cart.  It's not actually on hold or reserved, it's just in your cart.  If it sells out, you'll still see it in your cart but it will show as unavailable as it's sold out.

If you are concerned about a sold out excursion, you could always book it now and then cancel it if you need to change your plans.  Prior to the cruise, excursions are easy to cancel and rebook in the cruise planner.  If you pay with OBC and cancel the excursion, it becomes available again almost immediately so you are then able to book a different one (or rebook the same one of the price goes down.)  If it's a credit card, it will go back to the card.

• Like 1

I always book and pay for the excursions I may be interested in, if a sale, or I change my mind I simply cancel and get refunded.  Same with specialty dining...  I like to plan my cruise, so booking or canceling excursions on the ship isn't really my style. 

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, alexandria said:

I don't believe there is any holding/reserving excursions without paying.  That system would be problematic as excursions would quickly become "full" with passengers who just "reserved" a slew of excursions while they decide what to do and thus preventing passengers who are ready to book and pay from signing up for their selected excursions.  So if one wants to book an excursion, they need to book it and make the appropriate payment.

Just read the cancellation policy very carefully and book and pay for just those excursions you think you will take.  If, after talking with your travel companions, you need to cancel one or two of those bookings for a refund in accordance with the cancellation policy, no big deal.

When I'm choosing excursions, I book in the 'cart' and along with payment there's also an option to continue shopping.  I may go back and cancel said excursion or continue on to payment at some date in the near future at perhaps an increase in price or if sold out at that time, just move on to another.  No payment/no refund.

Edited by Oceangoer2

We never put more than one item in the cart at a time.  For one thing if you buy several items and then cancel one it can be difficult to figure out which item has been reimbursed on credit card.

• Like 1

Having something in the cart means nothing. When you go to check out, price and availability will be re-checked. If it has sold out or the price has changed, you’re SOL. If it’s a price you’re comfortable with, buy it. You can always cancel and, assuming availability, rebook later.