SUPERIOR SUITE F2 vs CONCIERGE SUITE

I've found that, if I'm just looking at dollars and cents, I wouldn't get the value out of it. I don't really need the services offered, and the early dining booking privilege isn't a big enough draw for the uncharge involved. F1 seems to be my sweet spot, a combination of larger cabin and midship location.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have usually booked the concierge suites because of the additional perks, like first dibs on the excursions, 4 internet ids and diner reservations, as well as a discount on bottles of wine, etc.  Room is the same.  

• Thanks 1

If you are new to Regent I think it is. Once you make Silver (21 nights) you get the same priority on booking excursions & specialty restaurants.  So the advantages are the internet & some discounts as Irishwitchy describes.  I think there is also a hotel night and generally a better location on the ship.

https://www.rssc.com/discover-more/blog/upgraded-amenities-of-your-concierge-suite

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Winemaker_1 said:

We're looking at some upcoming Regent sailings.  Is the upgrade to Concierge class from an F2 or G2 worth it?  What's your experience?  Thanks in advance.

Have done 26 Regent cruises and made many decisions between F and E cabins. Until I hit "Platinum" status, I considered: 1) the price differential vs. deviating ($175 p.p.) on my own and 2) coming in a day early (which is the minimum that I do) and getting to the port vs. using Regent's transport and hotel night (included in an E price). I've never gone D as being a "poor sailor", I want to be as low in the ship as possible.  Have only been E for sailings on the new ships out of Southampton and Athens unless I was lucky enough to snag an "up-sell" at a great price.

It would be hard for me to take a G cabin if an F was available!!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Thanks, all.  I think the current 2-Category Upgrade promo (even after the price hike) makes E more interesting for us, at least for our first sailing.

Edited by Winemaker_1
  • Like 1

Our 1st cruise on the Explorer we did a G-2 cabin. Nothing wrong with it. Just a few SQ FT smaller than expected. Friends were in a F-2 cabin so we got to see it. Very impressed. Really like the bed looking at the Veranda. So since then on the newer ships we have booked F-2 cabins.

Now on the Mariner or Voyager we always try to get a H cabin. Navigator G starboard side. 

I’ll echo others' thoughts.

We were fortunate enough to be upgraded from a GTY-H to a Concierge-D on Splendor last summer. The Concierge suite was fantastic, but of course on most ships they’re essentially the same as the F/Superior Suites, with bigger balconies and more desirable locations in some cases. The extra amenities in the cabin - cashmere blankets, binoculars, espresso machines - really aren’t worth anything, at least to us, but the extra internet logins are.

This coming summer, we’re on Navigator for 12 nights, and at the time we booked, there was a $300pp difference ($600 total for the entire cruise, both people combined) between Veranda and Concierge D. We chose to go with the Concierge D because it includes the extra internet logins, which we found to be pretty much essential on our last cruise. I believe Regent charges $30/night to upgrade to four logins if your suite level doesn’t include it, so already that’d be $360 extra we’d end up paying for those if we booked the Veranda suite. So that leaves just a $240 difference between Veranda and Concierge; since the only Veranda suites available at time of booking were at the rear of the ship, and we’ve heard about aft vibration on Navigator, we decided it was worth paying that little bit extra for a preferred location closer to the bow.

If we were on Splendor, Explorer or Grandeur, I’d almost certaily opt for an F2 or F1 instead of a Concierge, and then just pay for the extra logins, unless I were going somewhere that I knew the extra balcony space might be really nice to have, e.g., Norwegian fjords.

Incidentally, whether Regent upgraded us intentionally or not last year, it will likely pay off for them in the long run - while I think we, as first-time cruisers, would have been perfectly happy in either a Veranda (H) or Deluxe Veranda (G) suite, after enjoying the Concierge (D) so much, I don’t think we’d book anything lower than an F in the future. We’re hooked!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chateaunole-du-pape said:

we’ve heard about aft vibration on Navigator, we decided it was worth paying that little bit extra for a preferred location closer to the bow.

I was on Navigator for 40 nights last year.  Loved the ship and cruise, but we also upgraded (Deluxe E) to get forward on the ship.  Navigator does noticeably vibrate in the stern.   You are making a good choice.

• Like 1

On the Explorer-class ships the F2 cabins are the sweet spot for us.  The Concierge perks aren't usually enough to entice us to pony up the extra $$ (££, €€. whatever) - but - we're Gold so have some of the perks included, and we have upped to Concierge on occasion to get the included pre-cruise night in the hotel.  Doing that keeps your transfers in place which can be nice depending on your departure city.

Short answer?  For us, generally not worth it - F2 is out favorite.  But there are exceptions.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

We booked Concierge for the reason of many others - we have very low “Status” with the Seven Seas Society.  After our next cruise we will be Silver so we can then book a F1 or F2 and have the most important perk to us- priority excursion and dining reservation privileges.   We did book a D instead of E on our upcoming cruise for the larger balcony and deck 9, but had we been “silver” we would have been fine with a F1 or F2, depending on the location. 

Edited by Bruce61
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Winemaker_1 said:

What exactly is the priority dining for Concierge?  Priority seating?  It looks like dining reservations open up 90 days before sailing.

Regular folk can book 75 days before sailing.So the advantage is 15 extra days. Whether or not there's a notation on your suite number about "priority" when you check in to restaurants is beyond me.

Edited by GMIAC
  • Thanks 1