Reflection - Luggage Valet

3 hours ago, kysilverman said:

To folks onboard Reflection now, Is luggage valet again being offered on Reflection?

Yes… looking at the Celebrity Today as I type…We will check your bags in and print your boarding pass onboard… fee of $29 per person. Available on flights from FLL on select airlines. Deadline to register is 1/10 before 3pm (we debark on 1/14).

4 minutes ago, F15 wife said:

Do you sign up to request luggage valet

Yes, they provide a form you fill out and return to Guest Services/Retreat Concierge by a specific date/time, usually a couple of days before arrival. 

Got off Reflection on 12/17.  Used luggage Valet for Delta non-stop to Detroit. We were charged the fee even though we get free bags on Delta. Received the tags. Put our bags out.

One bag did not make it to Detroit.

Baggage claim in Detroit said it shows checked. In in Fort Lauderdale.  That was a month ago.

Filed a claim upon arrival in Detroit. Filed a further form with Delta. Contacted Celebrity.

So far not a peep. This was our second time using Luggage Valet. First time was perfect.

First lost bag in 50+ cruises. It is no fun.

TIP !  Put your name (info) INSIDE your bags.

Make a list of the bags contents.

The bag did have a bright yellow strap with our full name on it.  Hopefully it will show up. One thing that can’t be replaced is our “journal” of all of our cruises.  Will we use it again ?  YES !

Lightning can’t strike twice. (CAN IT ?)

1 minute ago, funship freddy said:

Got off Reflection on 12/17.  Used luggage Valet for Delta non-stop to Detroit. We were charged the fee even though we get free bags on Delta. Received the tags. Put our bags out.

One bag did not make it to Detroit.

Baggage claim in Detroit said it shows checked. In in Fort Lauderdale.  That was a month ago.

Filed a claim upon arrival in Detroit. Filed a further form with Delta. Contacted Celebrity.

So far not a peep. This was our second time using Luggage Valet. First time was perfect.

First lost bag in 50+ cruises. It is no fun.

TIP !  Put your name (info) INSIDE your bags.

Make a list of the bags contents.

The bag did have a bright yellow strap with our full name on it.  Hopefully it will show up. One thing that can’t be replaced is our “journal” of all of our cruises.  Will we use it again ?  YES !

Lightning can’t strike twice. (CAN IT ?)

Your story reminds us why we should all buy Airtags or a similar tracking device as it's your greatest odds of recovering lost/misplaced bags.  It's money well spent to avoid situations like this as you know exactly where your bag is

In 2019 out of Seattle, my valeted bag didn't make it to my home airport.  Filed a claim with Celebrity which left a lot to be desired.  Tried to file a travel insurance claim with my credit card but unless Celebrity or the airline admits they lost it (which they won't) travel insurance will be denied as delayed/lost baggage valet service is a 3rd party.  It's reported some travel insurance policies will let you include luggage valet yet you have to let them know the valet is 3rd party independent of the cruise line/airline.  For my 2019 lost bag, after reaching out to the Exec Office one week later which was turnaround day, the Exec Office emailed me that they found my bag and would ship it to me.  I asked what happened and they said they were not sure but were happy to find it for me.  Two days after receiving the baggage, I received an update from my celebrity lost bag claim which was they still hadn't found it yet (lol)

We have status on American Airlines so don't have to pay for bags.  There was a line on the form that you put your frequent flyer number if you are exempt from the baggage charge.  My parents who were on the same cruise do not have free bags but had paid the fee when they made their reservations. It was pretty simple.  We also have Apple air tags and that gives us an extra sense of security when traveling.