Double latitude points now being offered?

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

LATITUDE = 1 extra point/nite, commonly referred to as double points

LATDBLX = 2 extra points/nite, commonly referred to as triple points

LATRIPLE = 3 extra points/nite, commonly referred to as quad points.

Thank you for posting this.  We get wrapped around the axle on this far too often. 🤣

14 minutes ago, Panhandle Couple said:

Just booked Hawaii for 21 pts for 7 days.  I guess that's LATDBLX.

Not necessarily. You can get additional points depending on your cabin, so 3x points in a suite or haven could still be LATTITUDE. 1 regular point, 1 past-cruiser point, 1 suite/haven point.

15 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Not necessarily. You can get additional points depending on your cabin, so 3x points in a suite or haven could still be LATTITUDE. 1 regular point, 1 past-cruiser point, 1 suite/haven point.

BA balcony.

Doesn't really matter what they call them, as long as I get them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Panhandle Couple said:

BA balcony.

Doesn't really matter what they call them, as long as I get them.

Just curious, how do you know you are getting 3x points if you don't have a statement with the code?

Inquiring minds want to know how you're getting extra points if you just booked - as in where are you seeing a double extra points offer?

Beware that the NCL terms page says 'Europe product sailings' but it's not true. They mean select sailings in 2024 that are already the picks of the month.

Confirmed this with CAS when I tried to get a 2024 Europe trip adjusted but the promo wasn't listening on the invoice.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 10:22 PM, macewank said:

Yep yep.. Right now it's a lot of early AK, Hawaii, and Euro stuff.  

Major score - both my Spirit - Hawaii/Alaska followed by Sun - Alaska were on the list.  I usually check pretty often, but I guess I slacked off during the Holidays.  From 26 to 52 is pretty good for just a phone call.

5 hours ago, julig22 said:

Just curious, how do you know you are getting 3x points if you don't have a statement with the code?

Inquiring minds want to know how you're getting extra points if you just booked - as in where are you seeing a double extra points offer?

Points offer came in e-mail from NCL.

TA (non-NCL) confirmed the pts when we booked today.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boxedmoon said:

Beware that the NCL terms page says 'Europe product sailings' but it's not true. They mean select sailings in 2024 that are already the picks of the month.

Confirmed this with CAS when I tried to get a 2024 Europe trip adjusted but the promo wasn't listening on the invoice.

Not only that, only certain sailings of the picks of the month qualify, and you can't tell which ones unless you call to ask.  Ours was listed prominently as both a double points qualifying itinerary and ship, was also a pick of the month, but was told not our particular sailing.  Had to get my TA and NCL rep on conference call to verify this.  I feel extremely misled by this false advertising gimmick.  At least I called to verify and should have known there would be some fine print to disqualify us from getting the promotion.  Still going to try once more to get a different rep to be sure, but if told our sailing does qualify will insist on a written email to that effect.

20 minutes ago, Alatraveler1 said:

Not only that, only certain sailings of the picks of the month qualify, and you can't tell which ones unless you call to ask.  Ours was listed prominently as both a double points qualifying itinerary and ship, was also a pick of the month, but was told not our particular sailing.  Had to get my TA and NCL rep on conference call to verify this.  I feel extremely misled by this false advertising gimmick.  At least I called to verify and should have known there would be some fine print to disqualify us from getting the promotion.  Still going to try once more to get a different rep to be sure, but if told our sailing does qualify will insist on a written email to that effect.

Yeah I had to wait a good 20min while the rep talked with their leads about the situation. My rep understand it the way most would, that all Europe sailings should qualify. At least 2024 ones.

I later did a courtesy hold for the next sailing and verified it did not list the bonus point promo.

I don't get how the whatever NCL team (marketing?) can be so bad at thier jobs.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, boxedmoon said:

Yeah I had to wait a good 20min while the rep talked with their leads about the situation. My rep understand it the way most would, that all Europe sailings should qualify. At least 2024 ones.

I later did a courtesy hold for the next sailing and verified it did not list the bonus point promo.

I think they know exactly what they are doing.  Lead you in and then not deliver on the advertised promotion by using a multitude of excuses/exclusions.  They hope you'll book anyway or just see the promotion and look for the same when you're ready to book a cruise without checking other lines for the same itinerary/dates.  

When I click through from the promotion to a cruise that's listed as being eligible, it should count.  If it is only certain dates/sailings, that needs to be made more clear early in the process.  You shouldn't get all the way to booking before being able to tell your choice isn't included.

5 hours ago, Alatraveler1 said:

I think they know exactly what they are doing.  Lead you in and then not deliver on the advertised promotion by using a multitude of excuses/exclusions.  They hope you'll book anyway or just see the promotion and look for the same when you're ready to book a cruise without checking other lines for the same itinerary/dates.  

When I click through from the promotion to a cruise that's listed as being eligible, it should count.  If it is only certain dates/sailings, that needs to be made more clear early in the process.  You shouldn't get all the way to booking before being able to tell your choice isn't included.

Errr.. Maybe I'm misunderstanding here, but how much earlier in the process than "View Dates and Prices on the very first page" do they need to get?

A year or two back, about this time of year, some double bonus point itineraries were offered.  I had two sailings booked that should qualify.  I called and asked them to add it to them.  They said "sure, done," but the invoices they sent failed to reflect the bonus point offer.  These two bookings were a B2B where I could cancel and rebook the second leg but the first leg had reverted to "guarantee," and I wanted to be able to book the same rooms.  I did a full cancel on the second leg (with deposit refund) and immediately rebooked it into the same room (pricing had not changed).  The invoice showed the promo.  I ultimately sailed and, with no surprise, earned the bonus points on the second leg but not on the first.  That's one recent data point.  Take it for what it is worth.

Wow…..I thought I had an isolated situation.   It seems I have been a victim of the booking promotion scheme.   Something told me to screen shot the 6 Jan email, the sailings that were included in the promo, etc.   My invoice booking promo codes did not show the dbl pts code.   Called several numbers, talked to five people from reservations and Latitude, customer care, the “personal consultant” listed on the email….all to no avail.  They only go by “their list” of which marketing changed the sailings listed on 6 Jan email.   Just wrote a letter and put email and screen shots enclosures to Mr Herrera and Ms Katty Byrd.   Lots of documentation and paper that probably won’t be read.  Thanks for posting above experiences as I now know I’m not daffy.   

Somehow I managed to get taken off of the email list, so never get those marketing materials. But I do check the past cruiser discount page every month - and it clearly says Select Cruises. Only 32 listed for January.

And it definitely changes, since I was booked on a double-point cruise and it's no longer on the list. I also lost my double points today because I just repriced my cruise - I'm already diamond, prefer the discount over points!

Note, I've never had to rebook a cruise in order to get points added. I had gotten extra points added a few months ago, but I think it may have been a reprice as well, not sure if they will do anything if there isn't a price change, since that's what appears to trigger promo changes..

2 hours ago, macewank said:

Errr.. Maybe I'm misunderstanding here, but how much earlier in the process than "View Dates and Prices on the very first page" do they need to get?

Errr.  Maybe you should read the comments after you posted this since you actually do misunderstand.  When the special was first announced via email and later online, this was not there.  It was added later as others can attest to.  Most likely as questions/complaints began to come in about the misleading (intentional or not) wording.

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update.   No win here.   Wrote NCL Pres and Ms Katty Byrd with email printout screen shots of the selection and dbl point promo with my booking.  Never heard back.   The “NCL “cruise consultant” Jacob Toledo was useless and could care less as no reply from two phone calls and one email to him.  Finally got a customer care rep who worked with two supervisors and they insist the date I picked to book was not on their list.  I’m just done with this experience.  Now just figuring if I’ll keep the booking or not….ho hum.

On 1/9/2024 at 9:54 PM, boxedmoon said:

It is indeed, a serious question.  But they are consistently inconsistent!

I called yesterday since my May cruise was in the email for an extra point.  CAS told me NCL no longer puts the code on your confirmation and I will automatically get the promotion without making a change to my reservation.  Supposedly Marketing has a list in the system somewhere.  I am not confident the points will be applied.

2 hours ago, JennKach said:

I called yesterday since my May cruise was in the email for an extra point.  CAS told me NCL no longer puts the code on your confirmation and I will automatically get the promotion without making a change to my reservation.  Supposedly Marketing has a list in the system somewhere.  I am not confident the points will be applied.

I highly doubt that NCL has changed the way they post codes.

And you are only eligible for promos that are in effect at the time you book and/or reprice. All May cruises are past final payment date by now, so promos aren't going to change. I wouldn't count on getting any extra points.

• 1 month later...

Realize this is an old(er) post, but the real infuriating thing about all of this is that not all cruises that are eligible show up for mere mortals on the NCL website. I'm on a transatlantic on Prima in November, which is apparently eligible. I was looking at the promo fine print for something else. and noticed verbiage about "transatlantic and transpacific sailings" being eligible, but I couldn't find this specific cruise on the "Past Guest Offer" page. Called up my (non-NCL) TA, and he said it came up for him. Just to be triply sure, I had him send me the NCL confirmation when I rebooked, and sure enough, there's LATITUDE on it. This cruise is still not on the page as eligible. The 16 points were worth the $500 increase to me, though.

image.png.4e5d567e85130fac3f31b0ca9ef2dd06.png