Double latitude points now being offered?

Hi everyone!  Booked and paid for my May cruise to Alaska, on the Encore.  Now that I received an email stating new reservations get double points on my cruise and since I am sooo close to Sapphire, thought maybe I could cancel/rebook without penalty since it’s 125 days till my cruise?  Is this possible?  Thx

It's possible, but only you know if the price is worth it.  Is the price the same as what you originally paid?  The difference between Platinum and Sapphire is not that big, so I personally wouldn't spend any extra money (or loose other perks) over it.  But YMMV

Double points on AK Encore has been out there for awhile.  Check your cruise confirmation…you may find you already have double points. If it says LATDBLX you already get double points.  

• Like 1

OP - assuming that you will NOT lose any other existing promotion, check & verify the Guest Confirmation before & after before it is processed and changed - booked directly thru NCL and/or CAS, you should be able to speak to a NCL agent in the morning, and ask them to just "add" the new booking code to your existing reservation ... if you cancel & rebook, you might possibly lose other promo offers in effect then but possibly no longer (doubtful but ... depending on when your original / current reservation was booked & deposit/payment first applied)

An extra "carton" of 16.9 oz. bottled water, and the extra perk of "Dine With Officers" and wine tasting, and slightly higher discounts (grossly overpriced anyway, for things like shorex ...) ... and, of course, that new "Sapphire" Latitudes pin.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Double points on AK Encore has been out there for awhile.  Check your cruise confirmation…you may find you already have double points. If it says LATDBLX you already get double points.  

Back in November no double points

Our view is that a 7 day cruise will run $3,000 to $5,000 depending on room, time and location.

If rebooking costs adds $200 to your final cost, you are way ahead on getting the extra Latitudes points. 

Platinum to Sapphire is a lot of points vs the extra benefits, but the status does count at some times.

I would call your TA see what the difference is in rebooking. 

• Like 1

I missed 2x points on my 12 day in April by... 1 day (because my friend wouldn't commit).   Sucks!

Currently holding on a July AK cruise in hopes for a double or triple promo. Probably too early for it right now.

Just now, macewank said:

I missed 2x points on my 12 day in April by... 1 day (because my friend wouldn't commit).   Sucks!

Currently holding on a July AK cruise in hopes for a double or triple promo. Probably too early for it right now.

The "extra points season" seems to run between now and mid March.

Check your e-mails from NCL.

1 hour ago, tokidoki said:

Hi everyone!  Booked and paid for my May cruise to Alaska, on the Encore.  Now that I received an email stating new reservations get double points on my cruise and since I am sooo close to Sapphire, thought maybe I could cancel/rebook without penalty since it’s 125 days till my cruise?  Is this possible?  Thx

Rebooking should not be necessary - on your end.  On the back end, yes NCL will reprice a reservation, keeping your room and any payments, excursions, etc. 

AFAIK, the promos are system generated, not something that can simply be added by a PCC - but it's taken care of during a reprice. But as has already been stated, it's an all-or-none situation.  You get the current price and the current promos.

I've walked down this road.  Been told twice that "the points are in the mail, you don't need to cancel rebook."  Lesson learned: unless and until you have an updated invoice displaying the double points promo, it ain't true.

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've walked down this road.  Been told twice that "the points are in the mail, you don't need to cancel rebook."  Lesson learned: unless and until you have an updated invoice displaying the double points promo, it ain't true.

That’s 100% true, Chief

• Like 1

Just booked dbl pts promotion.  Looked at invoice.  Do not see double points latitude reward but there is LATREW*.  Will that be confirmation of the double points? OR should I call? Hmmmm

5 minutes ago, CRUIS4ME said:

Just booked dbl pts promotion.  Looked at invoice.  Do not see double points latitude reward but there is LATREW*.  Will that be confirmation of the double points? OR should I call? Hmmmm

Code for double points is LATITUDE. So no, you don't have double points.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CRUIS4ME said:

LATREW* is on all bookings.  It's how they apply your latitudes status

Thx.  I am working on trying to get customer care to Give me an invoice that indicates the double points promotion under which I booked the cruise.  However, they have deleted the cruise now and the care gal couldn’t verify the promotion.   But I took screen shots of the latitude offer and the second page with dates of the cruise dates and price.   
I  had to send a latitudes post cruise inquiry even though it is precruise.   So waiting to see how this turns out as I sent them the screen shots also.   

5 hours ago, Topdog52 said:
LATDBLX 2 extra Latitude points per night

LATITUDE = 1 extra point/nite, commonly referred to as double points

LATDBLX = 2 extra points/nite, commonly referred to as triple points

LATRIPLE = 3 extra points/nite, commonly referred to as quad points.

• Thanks 5