Final payment-is there a possibility that I change change to another date/ship

Final payment has been made 2 days ago-is there a possibility that I change change to another date/ship with a $2k higher priced cruise without occuring a huge penalty?  Has anyone ever been successful at this? Or am I out of luck? I do have insurance but not really wanting to cancel the cruise

1 hour ago, krazy4kruisin said:

Final payment has been made 2 days ago-is there a possibility that I change change to another date/ship with a $2k higher priced cruise without occuring a huge penalty?  Has anyone ever been successful at this? Or am I out of luck? I do have insurance but not really wanting to cancel the cruise

If you are past your final payment date, you will pay a penalty per the contract you signed. 

Absolutely not. NCL will not waive the penalty to shift. It is treated exactly the same as a full cancel and rebook. I was in a similar situation due to a work conference that popped up. Ended up cancelling and booking a different cruise line for the previous week. It totally sucks but they are well within their rights to enforce the contract and they absolutely will. The only exception is if you bought their insurance in which case you get a percentage as a future cruise credit. 

3 hours ago, krazy4kruisin said:

If you are considering an insurance claim. I hope you have the cancel for any reason clause.

42 minutes ago, krazy4kruisin said:

This was just a thought that I had, not a must change. Just thought that I would put it out there before I got my hopes up. No biggie if we can't. We will still have a wonderful cruise......

Why not ask NCL?  They're the definitive source of Yes/No.

1 hour ago, krazy4kruisin said:

NCL is taking good care of us! 

well, that's a rather cryptic teaser. 

are you saying that they agreed to make the change?

don't stop there! demand evian water and a bowl of blue M&Ms be placed in your cabin every night.

4 hours ago, krazy4kruisin said:

This was just a thought that I had, not a must change. Just thought that I would put it out there before I got my hopes up. No biggie if we can't. We will still have a wonderful cruise......

Are you going to tell us when the final payment due date is/was?