Casitas on Harmony? Glitch?

Posted (edited)

Hi all -

Sailing in April on Harmony.  Have an option in the planner for a Casita.  Did they add them?  Or is this a glitch? Can anyone who has sailed on her recently confirm or deny the casitas on Harmony?  Thanks!!

Edited by SarcasmSpasm

• SarcasmSpasm changed the title to Casitas on Harmony? Glitch?

A little bit of humor:

Someone at RCI made a mistake and checked the "Casita Block" on the shipboard activities list off of the Oasis Class template.

Lo and behold, they get cruisers trying to reserve them even though they do not exist.

RCI headquarters conversation:

"Harry, Harry, look at this spreadsheet, we have customers ready to pay $450 for Casitas on the Harmony on a sea day."

"Joe, the Harmony does not have any Casitas."

"Look at the numbers Harry, we got to find a way to capture this demand "

"Harry, I got an idea, check the inventory at the closest "Sam's Club" near the home port for E-Z Up Tents and supersized Igloo coolers. We can lash the E-Z Up Tents to the railings, put two of our normal chase loungers under it with the Igloo full of ice and water bottles in between the loungers. The top of the Igloo has cup holders and enough room for two plates. We will offer a "Feel at Home Special" highlighting a reduced price to make cruising more affordable. Price it at 20% less than the normal Casitas."

"Brilliant Joe, but you might want to save the 20% for a Black Friday Special. Let's go with 10% and I will get on it right away. We are going to get a bonus this year for one of the best ideas yet."

😁🤣

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

When I read the thread earlier, I though "eh, ok, not for me, but if someone wants to do that, go for it". 

Now that I think about it though, that's taking up relatively valuable real estate.  Where there used to be free loungers, now you have to shell out, and you're probably not getting as many people into the same space. 

I'm not upset, but something I'll be thinking about when we're on Harmony in July. 

1 hour ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

When I read the thread earlier, I though "eh, ok, not for me, but if someone wants to do that, go for it". 

Now that I think about it though, that's taking up relatively valuable real estate.  Where there used to be free loungers, now you have to shell out, and you're probably not getting as many people into the same space. 

I'm not upset, but something I'll be thinking about when we're on Harmony in July. 

I agree taking up a lot of space and not for me.

My thoughts were, why would I want to look at the tubes of the slides and not the ocean.

Also that too deck can get a lot of wind - do you get a refund in inclement weather. 

Edited by c-leg5

Well I took the plunge, $120 for the day in Port , Cheaper than a day by the pool in Roatan. We have the drink package so seems like a no brainer, want to go into town ? No problem your cabana will be here waiting when you get back

Screenshot 2024-01-25 191430b.png

15 hours ago, michaelaz said:

Well I took the plunge, $120 for the day in Port , Cheaper than a day by the pool in Roatan. We have the drink package so seems like a no brainer, want to go into town ? No problem your cabana will be here waiting when you get back

Screenshot 2024-01-25 191430b.png

It says two lounge chairs - no day bed like some? 

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

It says two lounge chairs - no day bed like some? 

You noticed that too.

A couple of guesses:

The day bed materials or kits did not arrive in time so they are postponing them.

Royal is saving labor by not having to have dry clean bedding on a day bed which requires it to be removed daily (I have noticed in the past that the mattresses are stored near the Solarium Bar), stored, reinstalled daily, and cleaned occasionally.

As I said, just a guess.

🤔