Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

Two minutes after I ate the omelette, Shaqs opened... Just one chicken tender and some fries. I should've just waited and got the whole chicken and egg biscuit.

PXL_20240115_130136239.jpg

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Back to the Bar 820 story: I got there and there was one other guy down at the end ordering, so I took a seat in the middle of the bar. A couple minutes later more people show up and their orders are taken almost immediately. Another couple shows up, and same thing, so I said to her that I was here LONG BEFORE all these others, yet I still can't order. She says "oh you have to order from down here at the corner"... I said that there's definitely no sign indicating that, and why is the rest of the bar even here if only the corner matters? She said that's just the way they do it, and said I could get in line behind ALL the other people, even though I'd been there for ten or fifteen minutes already. At that point I nearly flipped over one of the barstools and she threatened to call security. I gave her a few choice four letter words I can't repeat here then went halfway across the ship to Java Blue to wait in yet another line... My question is that if this is their "policy", then how are people supposed to know? There's no sign saying "order right here, not at the bar"... Anyhoo, I'm certainly off to a rough start this morning. I'm REAL mean until I've had my coffee...

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Drama before first coffee (due to not yet having said coffee) is a crappy way to start the day, for sure. But just go with it, let it go and the rest of the day will be just fine. Gotta let it go first, though. Onward ever onward, Sid!

• Like 13

Pool is starting to get some action... I think I'm going to change and lay out in the sun for a bit to hopefully erase whatever happens earlier...

On a brighter note: I successfully switched from one phone to the other in only a matter of minutes when I got up.

PXL_20240115_132947333.jpg

• Like 21

I had something similiar happen at the Plaza bar on the Vista. One person's coffee was being made...no one in line...so I sat down at the bar. The helpful...service oriented employee then told me that they were only taking orders from the right end of the bar. So I got up and formed a line.

The Bar820 employee could have quickly mentioned that when Sid sat down. Situation handled. 

Edited by xkritter
Add wording
  • Like 30

Have you ever tried to lay out in the sun during a tornado? That's pretty much what it's like right now up at Serenity... I laid there as long as I could stand the wind after having to chase both my towel and shirt at one point... Rude Ruskie baristas notwithstanding, I'm not going to let a sorry employee ruin my day. There's other places to get coffee on board without putting up with that. It does happen to be the most convenient though...

While I was out there battling the wind, I just tried to clear my head and ponder upon the meaning of life, and sometimes it just doesn't have a whole lot of meaning at all... We're all just atoms and molecules darting around in the universe. Sometimes I think about what it would have been like to be part of one of the hunter - gatherer Tribes... Wake up, go try to kill a wooly mammoth so you could eat something, then sleep in a cave under the stars... Modern life comes with plenty of modern problems that didn't exist in simpler times... Anyhoo, no idea where I was even going with all that. I guess I'm going to get a shower and see what happens next...

• Like 23

9 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

While I was out there battling the wind, I just tried to clear my head and ponder upon the meaning of life, and sometimes it just doesn't have a whole lot of meaning at all... We're all just atoms and molecules darting around in the universe. Sometimes I think about what it would have been like to be part of one of the hunter - gatherer Tribes... Wake up, go try to kill a wooly mammoth so you could eat something, then sleep in a cave under the stars... Modern life comes with plenty of modern problems that didn't exist in simpler times... Anyhoo, no idea where I was even going with all that. I guess I'm going to get a shower and see what happens next...

Cue: Talking Heads' Once In a Lifetime

• Like 2

Costume of the day 1.0

Supposed to meet Jamman downstairs for the Diamond event around noon... He and Patti are kind enough to be taking me as their "plus one"... No idea what that entails, I guess that we'll find out then...

PXL_20240115_151216057.jpg

• Like 37

22 minutes ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

Over/under for this live thread trainwrecking … post # 2350.  Who are my takers?  🫣

Good chance that it'll probably be before then...

• Haha 12

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Back to the Bar 820 story: I got there and there was one other guy down at the end ordering, so I took a seat in the middle of the bar. A couple minutes later more people show up and their orders are taken almost immediately. Another couple shows up, and same thing, so I said to her that I was here LONG BEFORE all these others, yet I still can't order. She says "oh you have to order from down here at the corner"... I said that there's definitely no sign indicating that, and why is the rest of the bar even here if only the corner matters? She said that's just the way they do it, and said I could get in line behind ALL the other people, even though I'd been there for ten or fifteen minutes already. At that point I nearly flipped over one of the barstools and she threatened to call security. I gave her a few choice four letter words I can't repeat here then went halfway across the ship to Java Blue to wait in yet another line... My question is that if this is their "policy", then how are people supposed to know? There's no sign saying "order right here, not at the bar"... Anyhoo, I'm certainly off to a rough start this morning. I'm REAL mean until I've had my coffee...

Wow like she just couldn't tell people sitting at the bar that if you want to order coffee come down over here🙄

• Like 11