Getting from FLL Airport to MIA Airport? Recommendations?

Robkat

We are flying out of Miami to Rome, where we'll board a TA cruise, which will end in Fort Lauderdale.

So, we want to park our car in FLL, go to FLL airport and somehow get from there to MIA.

Anybody have experience with this?  Or suggestions for companies that do this shuttle?

We were able to find Red Coach, which does shuttles between the two airports, and wondered if anyone has used them, and how it went.

Any recommendations (besides Uber or Lyft) would be appreciated.

Thank you.

(besides Uber or Lyft) 

Uber or Lyft

Red Coach is not a 'shuttle' between the airports but rather a luxury long haul bus ..... if you can book something that fits your schedule it should be nice but frankly I'd do U/L for freedom of scheduling . . 

I'd be tempted to use Park 'N Go, take their shuttle to FLL and the connector to TriRail, which is a rail service that would take you directly to MIA. Or grab a Uber/Lyft/Taxi from Park N Go directly to TriRail. It's probably about $20.

When you eventually get to Port Everglades, hitch the shuttlz back to your car.

Edited by FOPMan

Taxi from FLL or nearby parking to MIA will be about $80+ on the meter; Uber or Lyft should save you a few dollars.  If you can handle your bags and if you are not in a hurry, then FOP's suggestion of riding the Tri-Rail train (fare should be under $5 each) to MIA is a good one.

17 hours ago, JohninDC said:

If you can handle your bags and if you are not in a hurry, then FOP's suggestion of riding the Tri-Rail train (fare should be under $5 each) to MIA is a good one.

I would probably drop one person off at MIA with the luggage, and then go park the car at FLL.

That's what we do at home: DH drops me off with the kid, my parents and the luggage at the airport, then goes and parks the car elsewhere and then joins us back at the airport. Saves us a lot of trouble with hauling luggage all over the parking lots, shuttles, etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I would probably drop one person off at MIA with the luggage, and then go park the car at FLL.

That's what we do at home: DH drops me off with the kid, my parents and the luggage at the airport, then goes and parks the car elsewhere and then joins us back at the airport. Saves us a lot of trouble with hauling luggage all over the parking lots, shuttles, etc.

Except it is a 45-60 minute drive from MIA to FLL, and then another hour or so for the driver to get back after parking the car.  No easy solutions to this one!

44 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Except it is a 45-60 minute drive from MIA to FLL, and then another hour or so for the driver to get back after parking the car.  No easy solutions to this one!

they could always park at MIA airport and take an uber/lyft from PE to MIA to get their car.

Or park at FLL and take an uber to POM.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy