Docs/luggage tags... error

I'm getting this error 

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /edocs/XXX...XXX.pdf on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

when trying to print out luggage tags and/or view cruise contract. Same thing happening for 3 upcoming cruises. Anyone else having the same issue?

3 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

We have to print out luggage tags?

Im flying how is that going to work?

You can attach them pre flight but they might tear off.

In the past I've taken a roll of tape with me and just attached them once we landed, but now I have tag holders I just put on when we land.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SquishTheWhale said:

You can attach them pre flight but they might tear off.

In the past I've taken a roll of tape with me and just attached them once we landed, but now I have tag holders I just put on when we land.

Airline will remove luggage tags at check in usually. I do the same as you and use a tag holder once I land.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

We have to print out luggage tags?

Im flying how is that going to work?

Print them and bring them with you. Often people borrow the hotels stapler to put them on if they flew in the night before. Cruise luggage tag holders are the easiest.

ports can give you tags when you drop off your luggage but this can cause delays sometimes. In Alaska at the train transfer people needing luggage tags caused huge lineups and delays but in Civitaveccia it was no delay at all.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, cruisin from florida said:

I'm getting this error 

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /edocs/XXX...XXX.pdf on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

when trying to print out luggage tags and/or view cruise contract. Same thing happening for 3 upcoming cruises. Anyone else having the same issue?

I'm having the same issue (we sail on Saturday) and I didn't get the cruise docs email so can't print from there. 

We fly out on Wednesday so if I still can't print them tomorrow, I'll just have to have the porters tag our bags at the port. 

The same thing happened to me. It must have to do with their website.  We have until Thursday morning to see if it will be corrected, before we take an Uber to Bayonne NJ to get on the anthem.

but worse comes to worse all the porters have luggage tags at the pier. As for printing out your other documents, they already have your information. They just want you to do their work for them.  Don’t worry, you’ll get on the ship and your luggage will get to your cabin.  All this putting the apps on your phones and all the other internet crap is a colossal waste of time.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 2:58 PM, beachcomberbill said:

The same thing happened to me. It must have to do with their website.  We have until Thursday morning to see if it will be corrected, before we take an Uber to Bayonne NJ to get on the anthem.

but worse comes to worse all the porters have luggage tags at the pier. As for printing out your other documents, they already have your information. They just want you to do their work for them.  Don’t worry, you’ll get on the ship and your luggage will get to your cabin.  All this putting the apps on your phones and all the other internet crap is a colossal waste of time.

It is now Tuesday, and I tried their website again. I am happy to report that it is now working, and one can print out the luggage tags, which conveniently have the stateroom number already indicated.  You merely have to print in your name on a dotted line and fold and staple the tag onto your luggage handle. The cruise brochure document which is 12 pages may also be printed: it contains all the necessary precruise, and cruise information.

On 1/15/2024 at 10:40 AM, SoloAlaska said:

Print them and bring them with you. Often people borrow the hotels stapler to put them on if they flew in the night before. Cruise luggage tag holders are the easiest.

I've never been to a US port where the porters didn't have a stapler in their pocket.  When I have pre-printed my tags, I have them folded up / ready to go (can even do it in the Uber on the way to the port), and I hand them to the porter and he puts them on my bags and staples them. 

I've also had times when I didn't have them pre-printed, and the porter takes out a stack of blank tags and writes my info on it with a Sharpie.  

2 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I've never been to a US port where the porters didn't have a stapler in their pocket.  When I have pre-printed my tags, I have them folded up / ready to go (can even do it in the Uber on the way to the port), and I hand them to the porter and he puts them on my bags and staples them. 

I've also had times when I didn't have them pre-printed, and the porter takes out a stack of blank tags and writes my info on it with a Sharpie.  

I have never had to find out about a stapler since I use the sleeves. When I was in Civi there wasn’t really porters you just brought your luggage in a short line to a table and I had forgotten my print out so blank labels where available. 

Porters aren’t everywhere in the same way. Haven’t experienced anything but dropping off my suitcase yet in the three ports I’ve cruised out of. 

I like being prepared and independent. Going through the process easily and seamlessly is always my goal. If I forgot something then I’m thankful for those blank tags but why not try to be prepared.

I've had my luggage sent to the wrong airport because the rude person working the airline desk used the wrong tag,   So, if I can, I put my own tags on.    If I can't I insist on seeing each before it is put on.  

On 1/15/2024 at 11:40 AM, jenushkask8s said:

I'm having the same issue (we sail on Saturday) and I didn't get the cruise docs email so can't print from there. 

We fly out on Wednesday so if I still can't print them tomorrow, I'll just have to have the porters tag our bags at the port. 

Just an FYI, I have never received a cruise documents email.  I always login to my account and print them from there.

6 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Just an FYI, I have never received a cruise documents email.  I always login to my account and print them from there.

That's usually where I print them from as well but it wasn't working. It worked today, though, and I was able to print them. 😊

• Like 1