Premier Inn - Waterloo or County Hall

We are arriving in London on August 8, 2004 and are spending 5 nights in London seeing the sights before our cruise on August 13   I'm wondering if I should purchase the breakfast package  with the hotel reservation.  I know that as an American our breakfasts are different than a British breakfast so I'm wondering if it would be a good option for us to purchase.  Also any help on deciding which hotel we should book.  (Premier Inn - Waterloo or Country Hall)  We plan on using the HO-HO bus on our day of arrival to get a good overview of the area and then choosing what we want to see and visit.  Thanks so much for your help!

44 minutes ago, BerthaButt said:

We are arriving in London on August 8, 2004 and are spending 5 nights in London seeing the sights before our cruise on August 13   I'm wondering if I should purchase the breakfast package  with the hotel reservation.  I know that as an American our breakfasts are different than a British breakfast so I'm wondering if it would be a good option for us to purchase.  Also any help on deciding which hotel we should book.  (Premier Inn - Waterloo or Country Hall)  We plan on using the HO-HO bus on our day of arrival to get a good overview of the area and then choosing what we want to see and visit.  Thanks so much for your help!

If you want eggs and bacon/sausage you need the full breakfast. They also - or at least the PI St. Pancras had/have what I think they called cold breakfast which included cereal and fruit and yogurt and rolls and some pastry and toast. I think it also had cold cuts and cheese but I'm not certain. I only found out about it when I checked in, and I changed from the full breakfast to the simpler one at the time.

1 hour ago, BerthaButt said:

I'm wondering if I should purchase the breakfast package  with the hotel reservation.  I know that as an American our breakfasts are different than a British breakfast so I'm wondering if it would be a good option for us to purchase.

I don't think it's possible to even guess whether it's a good option unless we have some idea of what you'd want for breakfast.

For a first suggestion: At either hotel, you're practically next to Waterloo station - so if you don't want a hotel breakfast you can always walk in to the station and get something from the very many options there. Just like many commuters do, daily.

• Like 1

I've stayed at the PI County Hall two or three times. Good location. Hotel is fine - as PIs usually are. I use PIs fairly regularly for short breaks round the country. I always book the full breakfast, which includes all the "continental" items as well as cooked. Price is £9.99 - only  two quid more than the continental option. Both breakfast menus here -

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/why/food/breakfast.html

I have stayed at Premier Inn Waterloo 5x.  Premier Inn Waterloo’s entrance is street level. Hotel has A/C.  The restaurant is in the basement.

I take the breakfast meal so I don’t have to go and find a place to eat.  The breakfast is buffet - eggs, sausage, bacon, tomato, mushrooms, beans, cereal, yogurt, bread, juice/ coffee/tea.  We ate dinner out before returning to the hotel.  If we were too tired, their restaurant was there.

Premier Inn Country Hall’s entrance is up a couple of stairs.  This hotel is closer to London Eye.  There is a  street/court yard/small plaza between the two Premier Inn. 

Both hotels close to restaurants, pubs, HOHO, Thamas river, London Eye, Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, grocery store, stores, regular bus, Waterloo train station.

I would take whichever is the cheapest.

Edited by phabric
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, BerthaButt said:

Premier Inn breakfasts are the same price whether you buy them in advance or as a walk-up on the morning.  I never pay in advance.

They do have a deal that covers a two-course evening meal, a drink and breakfast.  Again, you can get that deal on the day (in fact you can opt for it when asking giving the server your order for the evening meal) so no need to commit in advance.

I have stayed at both Premier Inns at Country Hall and Waterloo. I personally prefer Country Hall but they are both comfortable, clean and in good locations. Waterloo has air-conditioning and Country Hall has a few steps up to the front door. Waterloo usually costs slightly less than Country Hall so you could check the prices for your dates and see which has the best price.

There was (in 2019) a M&S Foodhall on York Road just around the corner from Country Hall or down the road from Waterloo where we got pastries, fruit and juice for breakfast in case you are just wanting a light breakfast. It was also good for picking up snacks and drinks.

Edited by PurpleTraveller

On 1/15/2024 at 7:08 PM, BerthaButt said:

(Premier Inn - Waterloo or Country Hall)

55 minutes ago, PurpleTraveller said:

I have stayed at both Premier Inns at Country Hall and Waterloo.

It really is County Hall, as in the thread title.

10 hours ago, Globaliser said:

It really is County Hall, as in the thread title.

Gosh I hate auto correct! I didn't even notice - that'll teach me to check my posts before I post. I've only stayed there six or seven times. 😀

Edited by PurpleTraveller