Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Price Increase

I was just looking at our cruise reservation and noticed that the Green Eggs and Ham breakfast is now more than when we reserved it.

We paid $10 for an adult and $8 for a child.

It is now $15 for adults and $10 for children.

It sometimes pays to book as early as possible.

I made 11 reservations so we have significant savings by going ahead and booking.

IMO, from a business standpoint, it was a little underpriced.

Like every other product with finite supply and a hard expiration date, the proper price is whatever makes it sell out right before that date.

I normally don't have a problem with price increases that make sense, but I think this breakfast has now been priced well beyond its worth. It may be that my kids have outgrown it or it may be that we had a terrible experience on the Mardi Gras (food wasn't great and only 1 character ever came by our table). We won't be doing this again.

Edited by Pyxie

14 hours ago, Pyxie said:

I normally don't have a problem with price increases that make sense, but I think this breakfast has now been priced well beyond its worth. It may be that my kids have outgrown it or it may be that we had a terrible experience on the Mardi Gras (food wasn't great and only 1 character ever came by our table). We won't be doing this again.

It's a niche product that isn't for everyone. Like booking a Disney cruise. If you are into the whole thing the price is reasonable, but if not then it looks overpriced (as it does to us).

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

It's a niche product that isn't for everyone. Like booking a Disney cruise. If you are into the whole thing the price is reasonable, but if not then it looks overpriced (as it does to us).

No the product has been great for us the 5 or 6 times we've done it. It really was just that the experience we had on the Mardi Gras was awful (And really I'm kind of being facetious here. The price isn't bad, but if the price is going to continue to go up, the experience doesn't need to be going down.)

3 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Yes, I am sure that Carnival knows that once you have paid for the cruise, a $5 increase in the price of a character breakfast isn't going to change your decision to go, especially if you have little kids. 

FTR character breakfasts at Disney are $60+ per adult. Granted, it is not exactly apples to apples, but again, once you have plunked down the $$$$ to book the hotel and get into the park, you're going to pay  a few extra dollars for the meal to get the experience you want. 

On 1/16/2024 at 10:48 AM, staceyglow said:

IMO, from a business standpoint, it was a little underpriced.

Like every other product with finite supply and a hard expiration date, the proper price is whatever makes it sell out right before that date.

It was initially sold out on my February Elation sailing for all five days of the cruise, but I eventually was able to get in.