Attire onboard just relaxing in public spaces

amyhphoto

Curious what the attire is like onboard. Say in the mornings, if I wanted to grab breakfast after going to the gym would gym clothes be acceptable at the buffet? Or if I wanted to read a book in a comfy chair in a public space would sweatpants and a sweater be acceptable? I have an ocean view room for the first time and I worry I’ll be claustrophobic and want to go relax in the common spaces but not necessarily all done up like I would be for dinner at the main dining room. Thanks for any insight, or personal experience. 

Totally agree!  What you describe is more than alright for during the day.  You may be a bit surprised how you see some dressed. 

Have a great cruise.  We just were with TGG above for 24 days and had a great time!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, laurieb said:

As others have said, that is perfectly fine!  I've seen some out and about in their robes...

I’ve been known to go up to Deck 9 in my robe to get a cup of tea very early in the morning (before 6am)

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 4

On 1/19/2024 at 2:55 AM, amyhphoto said:

if I wanted to grab breakfast after going to the gym would gym clothes be acceptable at the buffet?

I would kindly ask the OP to reconsider this. A rinse is usually the norm for both garments and wearer! The hand gel only goes so far………….

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 2:55 AM, amyhphoto said:

Curious what the attire is like onboard. Say in the mornings, if I wanted to grab breakfast after going to the gym would gym clothes be acceptable at the buffet? Or if I wanted to read a book in a comfy chair in a public space would sweatpants and a sweater be acceptable? I have an ocean view room for the first time and I worry I’ll be claustrophobic and want to go relax in the common spaces but not necessarily all done up like I would be for dinner at the main dining room. Thanks for any insight, or personal experience. 

No problem at all. Often see dress like that 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lioncub said:

I would kindly ask the OP to reconsider this. A rinse is usually the norm for both garments and wearer! The hand gel only goes so far………….

I assume your comment means "dont go to breakfast dripping sweat" ? 

Flattered that you'd over esitmate my abilities at the gym! 

• Haha 11