Princess Medallion

badba2

20 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

If you're looking for options, the medallions fit perfectly into Apple AirTag holders. Lots of choices there, clips, lanyards, straps, keychains....

The only issue I have with my Air Tag holder is that it completely covers the name of the ship, the sailing date, and my name. Covering up my name is the main issue.

Medallions.jpg.b5d6df0967c0b9fc8177e05aa0fe9306.jpgBackofClip.jpg.f17de2aaace81541af14e91cdd3d6f33.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

The only issue I have with my Air Tag holder is that it completely covers the name of the ship, the sailing date, and my name. Covering up my name is the main issue.

?!?

Are you likely to forget the name of the ship you're on, or your own name?

Edited by Outerdog
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

?!?

Are you likely to forget the name of the ship you're on, or your own name?

I think it might cause the security crew some hesitation when rebounding since they looking for the ships name & date, not the name. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I think it might cause the security crew some hesitation when rebounding since they looking for the ships name & date, not the name. 

I believe all that info populates from the medallion App ? where you are who you are etc   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I have *never* had any ship personnel look at the medallion other than to see that I have one...when nearing the gangway. When scanning off/on the ship it's all read electronically. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MissP22 said:

They don't look at the Medallion. At all.

You scan the thing. Your profile appears on the tablet. They look at the picture, they look at you. They see the dates on the tablet that indicate you're supposed to be there. Off you go.

image.thumb.png.3ad2de8dc5ad38eba00b3feaad260ca5.png

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

You scan the thing. Your profile appears on the tablet. They look at the picture, they look at you. They see the dates on the tablet that indicate you're supposed to be there. Off you go.

Interesting. Thanks for that info.

57 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

Interesting!  I've never seen "that side" of the scanning station!  Never thought to look!

3 hours ago, Outerdog said:

I was referring to the security at the bottom of the gang way. They precheck you Medallion before you even board the security area.

I know they do look closely at the Medallion names at times since I switched with my husband & tried to get past. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I was referring to the security at the bottom of the gang way. They precheck you Medallion before you even board the security area.

I know they do look closely at the Medallion names at times since I switched with my husband & tried to get past. 

No one has ever asked to examine my medallion. They want to see that you're carrying one.

But okay.

On 1/20/2024 at 3:48 PM, MissP22 said:

Make that re-boarding. 🙃

11 hours ago, Outerdog said:

No one has ever asked to examine my medallion. They want to see that you're carrying one.

But okay.

They do take a quick scan, especially if your next to another Princess ship.