Promenade Deck Ruby Princess??

jmr3201

Hi, can anyone tell me if the Ruby Princess has a true Promenade Deck with chairs to sit and view sea and sky? Can you walk laps on the Promenade?  One of my favorite things to do is relax on the covered Promenade and alternatively read, watch the horizon and walk. Thanks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmr3201 said:

Hi, can anyone tell me if the Ruby Princess has a true Promenade Deck with chairs to sit and view sea and sky? Can you walk laps on the Promenade?  One of my favorite things to do is relax on the covered Promenade and alternatively read, watch the horizon and walk. Thanks 

Yes, full wraparound promenade deck with benches and chairs around the deck. All the Grand class ships have such. 

Yes. Ruby has a full "wrap around" Promenade deck. It has plenty of room for folks in chairs as well as walkers/joggers. However, unlike a few Princess ships, it doesn't have the extra wide Promenade with room for the walkers/joggers and full lounge seating. Love those ships. (Coral, Sapphire, and our first ship - the old Sea Princess -  spring to mind...)

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

In order to walk a 360 degree lap one must climb up and then return down a staircase, which if I remember correctly is 22 steps, to go around the bow. The bow section is closed in the evening and sometimes during the day in rough seas. Many people walk in "U"s avoiding the stairs. The Promenade is covered. View of the sky is outward, not straight up. You can read and watch the horizon. I like to move my chair parallel to the bulkhead so that my legs do not jut out into the space where people are walking and I don't have to keep pulling them in. Usually one side is shade and one side sun depending on the direction of the ship. No chairs on the bow and stern sections. The stern section is narrow. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

In order to walk a 360 degree lap one must climb up and then return down a staircase, which if I remember correctly is 22 steps, to go around the bow. The bow section is closed in the evening and sometimes during the day in rough seas. Many people walk in "U"s avoiding the stairs. The Promenade is covered. View of the sky is outward, not straight up. You can read and watch the horizon. I like to move my chair parallel to the bulkhead so that my legs do not jut out into the space where people are walking and I don't have to keep pulling them in. Usually one side is shade and one side sun depending on the direction of the ship. No chairs on the bow and stern sections. The stern section is narrow. 

Rather than walk a "U", we go through the last door before the stairs, past the elevators and out the other door. Works great for bad weather days when the stairs are closed. Also, helpful for people who can't climb stairs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Rather than walk a "U", we go through the last door before the stairs, past the elevators and out the other door. Works great for bad weather days when the stairs are closed. Also, helpful for people who can't climb stairs.

Thanks for all the replies. It is sad that they are getting rid of this one area on so many ships. When I think of grand cruising one of the first things that always comes to my mind is sitting on a wooden deck chair watching the ocean. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jmr3201 said:

Yes, we had to do the cut through the last doors on the RCCL's Vision last year to make a complete loop. They did have a nice wide deck with great chairs though

• Like 1