Dropping rental car at FLL BEFORE cruise

Doing a cruise out of PE with friends in a few weeks. Easier to have a rental car for the day we are there as opposed to ubers.  If I drop my friends at the terminal and then go back to FLL to ditch the rental car, can I grab an uber or taxi from the rental car facility to get back to the port? Or do I have to go back to one of the airport terminals?

At FLL, the central rental car facility is in the main parking garage, connected to passenger terminals. You would most likely  need to cross back into the passenger terminal and go to baggage claim or the designated rideshare pickup area to get a ride.

If your car rental agency uses an off-airport (but still coded as FLL) location, you should be able to get a pickup from that location.

Several agencies maintain locations that are  focused primarily on serving the port/non-airport customers. Many of these will have shuttles to/from the cruise ships. There are no shuttles between the airport central facility ant the port.

4 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Doing a cruise out of PE with friends in a few weeks. Easier to have a rental car for the day we are there as opposed to ubers.  If I drop my friends at the terminal and then go back to FLL to ditch the rental car, can I grab an uber or taxi from the rental car facility to get back to the port? Or do I have to go back to one of the airport terminals?

The taxi marshalling location is completely outside of the terminals.  We used a taxi back in Dec 23.  As I remember,it is located on the Northeast side of the terminal area.  Signs are there tho it may take some effort to find and understand them.

In our last cruise out of Port Everglades, we picked up our rental car at the airport and dropped it off at the port (adjacent). Then the car rental company took us to the port by shuttle (free). I'm pretty sure it was Avis that we used. Look into what ever company that you rent from and see if that's an option for you.

1 minute ago, Nickles_1 said:

In our last cruise out of Port Everglades, we picked up our rental car at the airport and dropped it off at the port (adjacent). Then the car rental company took us to the port by shuttle (free). I'm pretty sure it was Avis that we used. Look into what ever company that you rent from and see if that's an option for you.

Yes, Avis and Budget at the same facility on Miami Road.  We use Budget.

• Like 1

We've used Budget pick up at FLL and returned to their Miami road location and were then shuttled to port...very quick and easy....If you're a Costco member check out rates.