Voyagers Club OBC

Dbox

I booked a cruise on the Seashore for January 28 in the YC around 60 days ago. I never received the $50 Voyagers Club member OBC so I tried emailing a couple of MSC email addresses that I found in other threads but never received a response. 

Finally called them today (hate calling them and try to avoid it). I was told there is no $50 OBC because I booked the cruise 2 months in advance and in order to get the OBC I needed to book it 9 months in advance. 

That response seems crazy to me. The credit should be given whether I booked a day in advance or 3 years in advance. Has anyone else experienced this or was the agent I spoke with and her manager misinformed?

15 minutes ago, Dbox said:

I booked a cruise on the Seashore for January 28 in the YC around 60 days ago. I never received the $50 Voyagers Club member OBC so I tried emailing a couple of MSC email addresses that I found in other threads but never received a response. 

Finally called them today (hate calling them and try to avoid it). I was told there is no $50 OBC because I booked the cruise 2 months in advance and in order to get the OBC I needed to book it 9 months in advance. 

That response seems crazy to me. The credit should be given whether I booked a day in advance or 3 years in advance. Has anyone else experienced this or was the agent I spoke with and her manager misinformed?

According to the terms I read, It is my understanding that when you book 9+ months in advance you will get the $50 pp credit. And, it may need to be one of their designated cruises, Voyager Exclusives.  Less than that you only get whatever promotional OB credit at the time of booking.

5 hours ago, Dbox said:

The point of the $50 credit is an incentive for you to book early.  Not crazy at all....it's marketing.

• Like 1

Currently on board Seascape. I booked this cruise a year ago and I haven’t received the $50 voyagers OBC. I plan on asking about it today but just wondering if anybody has had any luck getting it added once on board?

On 1/30/2024 at 7:49 AM, mackfam said:

Currently on board Seascape. I booked this cruise a year ago and I haven’t received the $50 voyagers OBC. I plan on asking about it today but just wondering if anybody has had any luck getting it added once on board?

We are also presently on board Seascape. I have been to Customer Services twice since we boarded on Jan 27. 
The reply I have received is that they have to contact “shoreside personnel“ to get this OBC added. 
Seems like they’ve decided to make the customer work for it. Or perhaps, hopefully forget about it. 

4 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

We are also presently on board Seascape. I have been to Customer Services twice since we boarded on Jan 27. 
The reply I have received is that they have to contact “shoreside personnel“ to get this OBC added. 
Seems like they’ve decided to make the customer work for it. Or perhaps, hopefully forget about it. 

Please report back.  My under is that it added st the end of the cruise…before disembarking.  So you should have at least s $50 per eligible person in charges to get full advantage.

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

Please report back.  My under is that it added st the end of the cruise…before disembarking.  So you should have at least s $50 per eligible person in charges to get full advantage.

Hope so. We’ll see. 
And I will report back. 

• Thanks 1