Middle East Cruises what is Viking Doing?

midwife

I was just looking at the 55day cruise from Singapore to London leaving March this year. Looks amazing. I was wondering for those booked on this cruise what have you heard from Viking about the transit through the Red Sea/Suez? 
I have checked the Roll Calls but can’t find anything. I think it might be part of the World Cruise. 

Peta

Here are the live threads from the WC. They’ve discussed it—early on I think. Sounds like Viking will announce their decision when they reach Mumbai (?) but the consensus seemed to be they would go around the Horn of Africa.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2979887-live-from-the-viking-sky-ft-lauderdale-to-london-december-20-2023-may-6-2024/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2979494-live-from-the-viking-neptune-world-cruise-includes-ftl-and-la/

• Thanks 1

Sorry Linda but the Horn of Africa is the Somali Peninsula.  Where the entrance to the Red Sea is.  We will be going around the Cape of Good Hope.  Stopping probably in Cape Town.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jim Avery said:

Sorry Linda but the Horn of Africa is the Somali Peninsula.  Where the entrance to the Red Sea is.  We will be going around the Cape of Good Hope.  Stopping probably in Cape Town.

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

And I’ve been there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So many vulnerabilities to think of today when travelling and cruising, and we never know when the next conflict will pop up.  It is also hard to know how to plan and book a future cruise or segment of a cruise.

I just wish everyone safe journey that is on a cruise that is in an area of conflict.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aloha. First…wishing everyone a wonderful and safe voyage. Have been blessed to visit the Middle East and it is certainly an area which is dynamic.  We have two long voyages scheduled for this year and next which we may cancel because the alternative itineraries are places we have visited before and while they are wonderful have no need and desire to return. Yes a first world problem but we shall wait and see. As for your voyage you already sailing so I hope that the options are satisfactory. All the best.

• Like 1

We were so fortunate to complete the Passage to India cruise just last May that went from Mumbai, to Oman, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt (multiple ports) and Israel. I can't imagine when it will be possible for that cruise to sail again. 

• Like 5