Return trip only - Port Canaveral to MCO

mizLORInj

Hello fab fellow cruisers!   Haven't cruised from Port Canaveral in many years so I have a question. 

I just did a price check on Uber for a ride from the port to MCO and got $165.  Wondering what others have paid recently for this ride to the airport?   We will also price LYFT the day of return (in March).

Or are there people outside the port saying $XX to MCO and fill a van like in Ft. Lauderale port?   A bus takes too long to fill and we don't do cruiseline transport usually.   We (2 of us) are usually among the first couple hundred off the ship.

Just exploring options.  (this is for return to airport only--we rented a car for our overnight stay the night before ship departure) 

Thanks in advance!   🙂 

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

We used Cruise Control Transportation last year, and using them again, we booked a private shuttle from the port back to the airport, we were one of the 1st ones off the ship and they were waiting. 

Thx.  How many people?  Cost?   So just your party?   Did you have to give a specific pickup time?  

9 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

Thx.  How many people?  Cost?   So just your party?   Did you have to give a specific pickup time?  

There were 2 of us, we did round trip so the price will be different, check out the website or call and talk Corey.. he will answer all your questions, we did request a certain pick up time.

1 hour ago, mizLORInj said:

Hello fab fellow cruisers!   Haven't cruised from Port Canaveral in many years so I have a question. 

I just did a price check on Uber for a ride from the port to MCO and got $165.  Wondering what others have paid recently for this ride to the airport?   We will also price LYFT the day of return (in March).

Or are there people outside the port saying $XX to MCO and fill a van like in Ft. Lauderale port?   A bus takes too long to fill and we don't do cruiseline transport usually.   We (2 of us) are usually among the first couple hundred off the ship.

Just exploring options.  (this is for return to airport only--we rented a car for our overnight stay the night before ship departure) 

Thanks in advance!   🙂 

Oh wow!!  I did a mock booking for Uber from MCO to a hotel near the port.  I got closer to $88. I guess I'll stick with my original plans of getting a rental car.  Its $287 (I went with a small SUV for about $30 more) which will give us options in hotels to choose (higher priced hotel with walkable to beach vs on the highway) and sight seeing before the cruise (Saturday night through Monday). There are 4 of us. 

On 1/29/2024 at 10:19 AM, cruisegirl1976 said:

We used Cruise Control Transportation last year, and using them again, we booked a private shuttle from the port back to the airport, we were one of the 1st ones off the ship and they were waiting. 

How early were you able to get off the ship? We have an 11:40 flight and I’m a bit nervous 😬 

On 1/29/2024 at 7:32 AM, cruisegirl1976 said:

There were 2 of us, we did round trip so the price will be different, check out the website or call and talk Corey.. he will answer all your questions, we did request a certain pick up time.

We used Cruise Control also. There were 6 of us (4 adults and 2 kids) we did self disembark at 8:00am and they where waiting for us. Couldn't have been easier for our noon flight.

Corey and his drivers are the best !!

888 416-8830

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 11:55 AM, snorkler8 said:

Oh wow!!  I did a mock booking for Uber from MCO to a hotel near the port.  I got closer to $88. I guess I'll stick with my original plans of getting a rental car.  Its $287 (I went with a small SUV for about $30 more) which will give us options in hotels to choose (higher priced hotel with walkable to beach vs on the highway) and sight seeing before the cruise (Saturday night through Monday). There are 4 of us. 

You would need the larger size UberXL and drivers will cancel at pickup if your party/luggage is too large for their vehicle.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2024 at 12:33 PM, cruizeblues said:

How early were you able to get off the ship? We have an 11:40 flight and I’m a bit nervous 😬 

We have 11:20 out of MCO and we're going to Uber or Lyft since it's just 2 of us.   I'll note how it goes when I'm back March 9th!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2024 at 10:17 AM, mizLORInj said:

We have 11:20 out of MCO and we're going to Uber or Lyft since it's just 2 of us.   I'll note how it goes when I'm back March 9th!  

Debarkation started at 7am (we were the 2nd ship back that morning) and we were in Lyft at 7:20; at MCO at 8:10am.  Tried to get on earlier flight home, but couldn't.  Ride was about $95 with tip.   

• Like 1

On 2/3/2024 at 12:33 PM, cruizeblues said:

I am a local and you will be fine, As long as you are "in" a vehicle by 9am.

On 3/11/2024 at 7:47 PM, MICMAN said:

Did you use Uber or Lyft? Nevermind, I see you used Lyft..

The price between Uber and Lyft at that moment was just a few dollars different.   I click Uber, my guy prices Lyft at the same time and we go with the best price that way.  🙂