Pam's Jubilee Review - Jan 13-20, 2024

Once back at the ship we showered and got ready for our Chef's Table.  It's been quite a few years since I have done it, so the menu was new.  We met in Java Blue / Grand Central until we were all there and then followed the Chef into the kitchen.  A couple of us took the elevator.  When we got to the kitchen, we all had a spot with our name and the fun began.  

I will post pictures now, but I left the menu at home, so I can't really tell you want some of it is... lol.  If you are interested in a specific item, let me know and I will scan and post the menu.

Picture21.jpg.76e2ea31f9864e054b0181e179d8c5dd.jpg

Picture22.jpg.7776620f7b946d9721a1a2faaa4735cf.jpg

Picture23.jpg.c44a2781fe583afb52e0e39546abaac0.jpg

Picture24.jpg.9b5dbf6844845fceabb825560541e07a.jpg

Picture25.jpg.ab097e75232d2ffec72ad754f4eb7790.jpg

Picture26.jpg.26ac4fb5cd931194a81cb5fbf95d3f8f.jpg

• Like 5

The next 2 days were sea days.  Our days were spent napping, eating, drinking and more napping.  On Thursday night there was a medical emergency and after a call for blood, we had to turn around and head back towards Cancun where they were going to meet the ship and remove the patient.  I am very sorry to say, they did not make it.  I am not sure what happened or who it was, but my prayers go out to the family.

Unfortunately, this made us late getting back into Galveston.  Luckily I am platinum so I was able to arrange for my group to carry our bags off and disembark with the platinums.  Our ride was waiting for us, so after a very quick disembarkation, we were headed towards Houston and the airport.  We made it to the airport with time to spare and after our goodbyes we each boarded our planes towards home.

This is who was waiting for me at home!!

Picture2.thumb.jpg.c4524372dccf6daa54425df2f871c4c8.jpg

I think in all of my cruises, this has to be one of my favorites.  This ship is beautiful, the CD was awesome, our cabin was fantastic and my friends are amazing. 

Thanks for reading everyone.  If you have any questions, please ask.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, chasinraynbowz said:

Unfortunately, this made us late getting back into Galveston.  Luckily I am platinum so I was able to arrange for my group to carry our bags off and disembark with the platinums.  Our ride was waiting for us, so after a very quick disembarkation, we were headed towards Houston and the airport.  We made it to the airport with time to spare and after our goodbyes we each boarded our planes towards home.

may i ask what time you were able to disembark?
i'm planning to fly home from HOU (closer Hobby airport), at 12:30pm.
i also have platinum status, to get off the ship earlier, if necessary.

Edited by weezal

1 hour ago, chasinraynbowz said:

I think in all of my cruises, this has to be one of my favorites.  This ship is beautiful, the CD was awesome, our cabin was fantastic and my friends are amazing. 

glad to hear you enjoyed jubilee. i will be on the ship soon, sailing next week.

what else can you share about the CD kyndall fire?

11 minutes ago, weezal said:

may i ask what time you were able to disembark?
i'm planning to fly home from HOU (closer Hobby airport), at 12:30pm.
i also have platinum status, to get off the ship earlier, if necessary.

We got off the ship between 10 and 1030.  By the time our driver got to us thru all the traffic and got us to the airport it was around 1230 or so.  Our flight was at 2pm and we had a few mins to spare once at our gate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weezal said:

glad to hear you enjoyed jubilee. i will be on the ship soon, sailing next week.

what else can you share about the CD kyndall fire?

She is very present and very nice and accessible.  I saw her quite often during the cruise taking pics with passengers throughout the cruise.  You will enjoy her.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chasinraynbowz said:

We got off the ship between 10 and 1030.  By the time our driver got to us thru all the traffic and got us to the airport it was around 1230 or so.  Our flight was at 2pm and we had a few mins to spare once at our gate.

what was the originally scheduled disembark, if it wasn't for the medical emergency?
did you also fly out of HOU, or IAH (much farther airport)?

2 hours ago, chasinraynbowz said:

I will post pictures now, but I left the menu at home, so I can't really tell you want some of it is... lol.  If you are interested in a specific item, let me know and I will scan and post the menu.

Definitely interested in seeing the menu if you have it. It looks 100% different than what I had a year ago on Magic.

32 minutes ago, weezal said:

what was the originally scheduled disembark, if it wasn't for the medical emergency?
did you also fly out of HOU, or IAH (much farther airport)?

We were originally scheduled to disembark around 9am and have our driver pick us up at 10am.  He didn't get to us until 11ish.  Our flight was at 2, so we weren't too worried.  We left from IAH which is further than Hobby

22 hours ago, chasinraynbowz said:

We had so much fun holding these amazing creatures.  Mine decided he was going to try to flirt with the sloth next to me and very slowly tried to get over there.  It surprised me as you can tell by the look on my face!!  LOL

Picture11.jpg.26cef665ff8947cc2e6766b473c7ac06.jpg

Picture12.jpg.97f0070e2a9ab2529a809c5d7d3b2ef2.jpg

Picture13.jpg.d5c35ee455fefa9e6eb1d180631b0afe.jpg

Picture14.jpg.4f6bcef5b336555d03b830746067fe56.jpg

Picture15.jpg.ebd3d4958478679708afe280dd910cab.jpg

We are looking at doing a sloth excursion in March. Was the one you took through Carnival or a booked privately?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tytanbri said:

We are looking at doing a sloth excursion in March. Was the one you took through Carnival or a booked privately?

We booked thru the ship and enjoyed it immensely.  This is the second time I have done it and both times were fantastic!

• Like 1