Edge Sunset veranda

Ksqrd

1 hour ago, chocolabmom said:

We are on Beyond in April in SV 12303.  Should we expect to hear noise from OVC?

Deck plans for Beyond, show tables and chairs above that room, in Oceanview.  Don't give that room up so fast though.  On Edge, we heard the chairs.  Beyond may be different, hopefully better.  End of April for us, can't wait.....

Just now, Hawkstar33 said:

Deck plans for Beyond, show tables and chairs above that room, in Oceanview.  Don't give that room up so fast though.  On Edge, we heard the chairs.  Beyond may be different, hopefully better.  End of April for us, can't wait.....

Thanks!  We definitely won't give it up because we like a true balcony.  Just wondering if we should be prepared to hear some noise.  

• 2 months later...
On 2/1/2024 at 9:43 AM, Cruise till you drop said:

We’ve done 11270 and 11271 on the Edge and both rooms were excellent and quiet .

As someone mentioned, the SV’s are quite a walk to the elevators but we liked that aspect (privacy and getting in steps)

Hi, we have the option of 11271 on Edge.  Could you please tell me, was there much room on the balcony for any recliners?  Someone mentioned 11273 was very noisy with the cabin making all sorts of noises.  As this cabin is next door to 11273, did it make these noises as well?

Many thanks for your help.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, lovedecruise said:

Hi, we have the option of 11271 on Edge.  Could you please tell me, was there much room on the balcony for any recliners?  Someone mentioned 11273 was very noisy with the cabin making all sorts of noises.  As this cabin is next door to 11273, did it make these noises as well?

We were in a sunset suite on Edge for the first TA crossing and had a wonderful suite on the corner next to the SV on deck 11.  No noise for us or the cabin (SV) because we talked to the people about their cabin.  (11268 and 11270).  Also, had the same configuration on Apex, deck 11 and no noise.  Yes, you can hear a little when docking, but that is to be expected!  Both of these cruises were b2b.  I read the same information about 11273 being horrible on Edge...what a nightmare!

Edited by Lastdance

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lovedecruise said:

Plenty of room on the balcony IMHO.  This was the pics before we had the room steward bring a lounger to the balcony.

As for the noises, never heard them in either 11270 or 11271

IMG_1015.jpeg

IMG_1016.jpeg

Edited by Cruise till you drop

10 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Plenty of room on the balcony IMHO.  This was the pics before we had the room steward bring a lounger to the balcony.

As for the noises, never heard them in either 11270 or 11271

IMG_1015.jpeg

IMG_1016.jpeg

Thank you so much for the photos.  Was this 11271 on Edge?

Posted (edited)

decks 8, 9 and 10 middles seem best.

We had a deck 7 middle in EDGE  when she first sailed and had noise and bass thump from EDEN in the hall by the bathroom..not terrible but now I belueve they have music there nightly!

We are booked in SV 10280 on APEX for a Carib cruise  Hope no issues,?,

Edited by hcat

Sailed in the middle on Deck 7 around 6 weeks ago...only noise that came from below in Eden was quite "distant" and over by around 10.45. Suppose it depends what time you turn in whether the noise will effect your sleep!

We've booked the same cabin for a B2B as it was no issue for us at all! (and believe you me, we are of an age where we need our beauty sleep 😉

3 hours ago, lara h said:

Sailed in the middle on Deck 7 around 6 weeks ago...only noise that came from below in Eden was quite "distant" and over by around 10.45. Suppose it depends what time you turn in whether the noise will effect your sleep!

We've booked the same cabin for a B2B as it was no issue for us at all! (and believe you me, we are of an age where we need our beauty sleep 😉

glad this worked out..  our sound went til about 11..our usual bedtime!

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Boatharbour said:

Apex deck 10 last year. Can’t remember the cabin number but it was one off the centre. 

Edge deck 8 sky suite 8308 two weeks ago. Both locations were quiet. 

IMG_9889.jpeg

The 2nd pic looks like a Sky Suite on the starboard side of the ship

Edited by Cruise till you drop

52 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

The 2nd pic looks like a Sky Suite on the starboard side of the ship

Edited 51 minutes ago by Cruise till you drop

Yes it is a sky suite as mentioned in my post. Fantastic location and balcony apart from a bit of soot.

Agreed Boatharbour... there was a slight cover of soot at times. A few pool towels covering the loungers solved the issue, and the cabin steward ensured all was spick and span!