Plexiglass balconies viewing

gailellen12

Do all the balconies on Viking ocean ships - specifically the Viking Sea - have the full plexiglass viewing area or do some have a partial steel plate ( or whatever they use ) that only offers a full view when you stand up?  Specifically I am in 3003 which is very front. It was a guarantee and I think probably one of the last cabins they booked on my full cruise😏

1 hour ago, gailellen12 said:

Do all the balconies on Viking ocean ships - specifically the Viking Sea - have the full plexiglass viewing area or do some have a partial steel plate ( or whatever they use ) that only offers a full view when you stand up?  Specifically I am in 3003 which is very front. It was a guarantee and I think probably one of the last cabins they booked on my full cruise😏

I believe it's tempered glass, not plastic.

You can find pictures and more on this blog

https://viking-cruises-cabin-guide.blogspot.com/p/standard-cabins.html

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess my actual question was misunderstood  Is there a full view from each balcony or are some near the front a partial view because it is partially blocked by the steel plating ( or whatever material they use) and you only get the full view when you stand up.  

8 minutes ago, gailellen12 said:

I guess my actual question was misunderstood  Is there a full view from each balcony or are some near the front a partial view because it is partially blocked by the steel plating ( or whatever material they use) and you only get the full view when you stand up.  

Except for size, all balconies are the same. If you follow the link I provided above there are photos of the exterior of the ship as well as a section on cabins to avoid.

I will note that the aft DV1 cabins have the glass angled away from you giving you more legroom when you sit down and a larger footprint.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

Just now, OneSixtyToOne said:

All balconies are the same. If you follow the link I provided above there are photos of the exterior of the ship as well as a section on cabins that have issues.

Thank you

1 hour ago, gailellen12 said:

Even the balcony in 4000, which is right forward had glass topped with a teak taff rail. So I expect all balconies have glass.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Snipped from the Viking website. I believe 3003 is where I drew the vertical red line right in the middle of the veranda.All of the ships are the same. Sorry it isn't a bigger picture.

image.png.10e55d4f94982913656669e9b945794a.png

This picture was found here https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/ships/viking-star.html

scroll down.

Arrrrgh, doesn't it drive you crazy😵‍💫 when your device posts before you are ready?  Sooo, frustrating!!  But, did you know that we have a 20 minute window to edit a post? It is very easy (i use it all the time because I can't type and my proofreading is even worse).

Beside the post number is a 3 dot icon image.png.37522999b35a563546e0cdfff7fa27a7.png. Just click on and it will give you three choices (if you only see 2, then the edit period is closed). Choose EDIT.  Make your changes and then click SAVE, below the enter text box. Voila! Fixed!

PS, when you board the ship, if you think you will be unhappy so far forward, check with Guest Service and ask about the possibility of changing your cabin.

Edited by Peregrina651
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The noise from the anchor is your alarm clock if any of your ports are tendering.

You will hear the theater but it does not run late.  Some practices can also be heard during the day.  Never heard the cinema movies.  As I remember the balcony was the same as other v staterooms.  Pretty bouncy when we crossed Bay of Biscay. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 8:12 PM, gailellen12 said:

Thanks. It should be interesting. I have never been so low and forward before. Just no choice when I booked. I had a credit which I wanted to use asap😉

We loved our first cruise in 3008 or 3010 as we could open our door and go to sleep to the sound of the bow wave😀