Artificial Intelligence HAL phone number 877-932-4259

wondering how many people phoning into this ohine number are having problems getting to speak to a live HAL representative . today spelled our my first & last name but this Ai beast can not understand it . It never asks for my Mariner number .when finally after many minutes it connects me the connection  it was too  static & the rep said call back  .Never would I phone back 

Holland america management if you are looking at this post  you really need to do some things to improve this Ai initial contact .If not we will no longer go to your cruise line .just too frustrating . Life is too short to deal with such  bad  phone connections

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 1

• mcrcruiser changed the title to Artificial Intelligence HAL phone number 877-932-4259

Hmm interesting. Not a phone call, but I had emailed my PCC a few days ago, and I never heard back. I called her and left a message. She never received the email! She said ever since the new system has been in place, some (not all) emails just vanish. Sounds like their comms system is as bad as their website. 

I think they are having issues with the web site. Could not submit final payment, tried for three days online. Also had issues on the Navigator with dining reservations. I never had issues before.

I will be flamed for this. but dealing with an AI robot might be a few steps up from some of the humans who have previously answered the phone.   What does it mean when many folks cannot tell the difference between a AI robot and a real person?

Hank

• Like 2

Artificial intelligence? There ought to be some certification involved before calling something artificial intelligence. Without certification it is just artificial stupidity.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I will be flamed for this. but dealing with an AI robot might be a few steps up from some of the humans who have previously answered the phone.   What does it mean when many folks cannot tell the difference between a AI robot and a real person?

Hank

Hank that was a robot but a rogot that was never programed correctly . 

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2024 at 10:58 AM, Bill B said:

You need a different accent - then it'll connect you to Costa's artificial 'mind'. 🙄

As an American expat living in Australia, I have that issue with phone trees here.  They can't understand my accent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone used the CHAT feature? This morning I spent 20 minutes trying to interfacing with what I am thinking must have been AI. What a waste of time. The HAL website is so miserable to use I though I would us Chat to ask about why, when I look at a specific cruise, one page says insides and balconies are available (with pricing) and then when I click "continue" it shows everything is "unavailable". I wrote in Mariner numbers and CND pricing: got a quote in USD. Wrote I wanted CND and asked them to use my Mariner number as the quote was not even close to what I saw yesterday (higher by $1000s). What a turn off! Has anyone figured out how to use Chat with good results?

1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

Has anyone used the CHAT feature? This morning I spent 20 minutes trying to interfacing with what I am thinking must have been AI. What a waste of time. The HAL website is so miserable to use I though I would us Chat to ask about why, when I look at a specific cruise, one page says insides and balconies are available (with pricing) and then when I click "continue" it shows everything is "unavailable". I wrote in Mariner numbers and CND pricing: got a quote in USD. Wrote I wanted CND and asked them to use my Mariner number as the quote was not even close to what I saw yesterday (higher by $1000s). What a turn off! Has anyone figured out how to use Chat with good results?

I found the chat to be a bit of a joke. I would type something, send it, and then I'd get a reply asking if I was still there. After going back and forth like that a few times I just gave up and called. 

Next I might try phoning the number instead of filing out the form. Or maybe just wait until Monday and use my real, live TA. I just hope her HAL rep is still an actual person.

Thanks everyone for the info!