Saint Greg's Carnival Jubilee - Live - February 3, 2024

It’s really cool how they did this. He did the acting at his current age. But they have enough young footage of him to replace him with his younger self.

I’d like to see an entire movie of this

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

It’s really cool how they did this. He did the acting at his current age. But they have enough young footage of him to replace him with his younger self.

I’d like to see an entire movie of this

Oh, I didn’t realize that. I thought it was just CGI De-Aging

• Like 1

Looking at the on demand movies trying to find one to get started just to watch a little bit at a time. I think I’ll start with this MIB international. I don’t think I ever watched one that didn’t have will smith in it. I know I saw the first three.

IMG_9526.thumb.jpeg.40e2881736d4e4e32ab1516f33be8c30.jpeg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Peeked in a lido balcony. You can sit on the couch and look at yourself.

IMG_9240.jpeg

Wait a second... the ubiquitous blue pool towel is now... Mauve? Purple? Maroon? something not Carnival blue unless your camera did a funny filter thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PayneAS said:

Wait a second... the ubiquitous blue pool towel is now... Mauve? Purple? Maroon? something not Carnival blue unless your camera did a funny filter thing.

IMG_9285.jpeg

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

The first half hour was my favorite part. Young Indiana fighting…..1940’s Germans. I’ve heard you can’t say the other word here so we’ll go with that.

IMG_9524.jpeg

Nutzis 

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

The first half hour was my favorite part. Young Indiana fighting…..1940’s Germans. I’ve heard you can’t say the other word here so we’ll go with that.

IMG_9524.jpeg

I'm comfortable with that.  I know who/what you mean. 👍

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

IMG_9525.thumb.jpeg.2227b297a3561ab0dfa90c2e7644a1ff.jpeg

On the Dream, we never got any letters like this until the very last day when conditions got SO bad we had to be sent back to our cabins.  Hang on. 🙏

• Like 2

Something woke me up out of a deep sleep at 6:45. I think it was a door slam because I’ve been trying to get back to sleep for 20 minutes and there’s been four more door slams and a terlet flush. I could’ve used another 30-90 minutes but I think I’m up.

Thats counting about 20-30 minutes that I wasn’t asleep. It’s below average. 7-8 is good for me but this is really 6 1/2.

IMG_9546.thumb.jpeg.d43737e99ce66d641277fc428d5887d4.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 6

On 2/2/2024 at 3:56 PM, Saint Greg said:

It didn't seem as different as you would think. The average age is probably higher. I would say fewer 20's and more 30's-40's. There were kids. Actually my biggest issue with it was other than the kids clubs (on Regal at least), they didn't have any place for the kids to go so they ended up in the middle of lido...making the fountain into a splash park. But no water slides, no arcade. Mini golf was really a putting green. Basketball courts were set up for pickle ball 24/7. That's my biggest issue with Princess. But overall it was nice. It felt like a Carnival Journey cruise because a lot of the activities they had would only be on a Journey cruise with Carnival. And it was just a run of the mill western Caribbean cruise.

We just did Regal and timed it well. It was during the frigid cold snap that Houston had second week of January. Very few kids onboard. Broad range of passengers, early 20’s on up. Our adult children closed down the hot tubs every night on Serenity. The ship seems to shut down by eleven but I didn’t mind since I had the drink package…😴😴😴. I liked the laid back vibe and the Medallion was nice. Super cool to order on the app and have it brought to you.

• Like 2

My part was popping yesterday. I don’t know what it was. I had like the magic touch. First shot…perfect part. Today? Second shot. And it’s good, but I don’t think I’m going to be admiring it every time I’m in front of a mirror like yesterday.

• Haha 14

Buffet forward omelet line.

IMG_9547.thumb.jpeg.df002eba5560c68937f3605fe24b691a.jpeg

Shwarma omelet line.

IMG_9549.thumb.jpeg.373126145b93e2e06421535b37cf83c5.jpeg

I don’t know what the deal is. People are waiting in a longer line for omelets at sea dogs than the line next door at shwarma. People on cruise ships are interesting.

IMG_9550.thumb.jpeg.a40ba6d0d64a1dd09ae8dc16b27893cf.jpeg

• Haha 14