Watching MLB games on board

I'll be cruising toward the end of the MLB regular season (Quantum OTS to Alaska), and I'm a big baseball fan having a hard time imagining being so disconnected from the team heading into the playoffs (knock on several pieces of wood). In port I'll be able to at least check scores, but I'm curious about viewing options on board. I'm guessing there is little chance a random Braves game could be shown in any of the lounges or common areas. Would an internet package get me enough to at least listen to a live radio feed on the MLB app, even if video might be dicey? That's probably the only reason I would get one, but it might be worth it to me if it's reliable.

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

Does Quantum class not have a Playmakers?

I don’t think so, though I have heard that the pub operates sort of like a sports bar. But with there being so many baseball games in the season, they’d have to have the full MLB package on the ship to show those games. I don’t know if any would be nationally broadcast. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

Quantum-class ships have a Playmaker’s that overlooks the indoor sports complex area. 

Oh that’s great to know! 

Has anyone been able to successfully watch a baseball game that is only broadcast locally on the regional sports network (in this case, nowhere near the departure port or destination)?

2 minutes ago, mets07 said:

OK, I pay for internet on cruise and watch in my case Mets games on SNY app. Works fine. Not sure if that is what you mean.....

Awesome, thanks! It would be great if they could show them in one of the bars, but if I can watch or at least listen on the MLB app (which should have similar wifi demands to the SNY one, I would imagine), that would work. And there are certainly worse places to watch a game than with Alaska passing by!

• Like 2