Coral Princess 2024 world cruise itinerary changes

16 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Thanks. So what Ports do you lose for this itinerary. 

Bali, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Aqaba, Crete, Salerno, Civitavecchia, Corsica, Barcelona.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Bali, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Aqaba, Crete, Salerno, Civitavecchia, Corsica, Barcelona.

First three I wouldn't care about. LAst ones I be sad as your only get 5 in return. I'm doing 56 days on 2025 WC and hoping that still goes ahead through canal.

6 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

First three I wouldn't care about. LAst ones I be sad as your only get 5 in return. I'm doing 56 days on 2025 WC and hoping that still goes ahead through canal.

We lose Brisbane as well.

We get 6 in return:

Fremantle (OK, OK, it's an Australian port but we don't get to go there all that often)

St Louis, Mauritius

Capetown overnight

Walvis Bay, Namibia

Mindelo, Cape Verde Islands

Las Palmas, Gran Canaria

I'm sad to miss Sri Lanka, Aqaba, Crete and Salerno but not fussed about the rest.

Hopefully the Red Sea situation will have quietened down by then. I'll be interested to hear your comments on the 2025 WC. Crown is one of the extended Grand Class ships so 3080 lower berths instead of Coral's 2000.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We get 6 in return:

Fremantle (OK, OK, it's an Australian port but we don't get to go there all that often)

St Louis, Mauritius

Capetown overnight

Walvis Bay, Namibia

Las Palmas, Gran Canaria

I'm sad to miss Sri Lanka, Aqaba, Crete and Salerno but not fussed about the rest.

Hopefully the Red Sea situation will have quietened down by then. I'll be interested to hear your comments on the 2025 WC. Crown is one of the extended Grand Class ships so 3080 lower berths instead of Coral's 2000.

Princess are given us 15% of cruise fare paid in cruise credits and $750 per person onboard spending which for us equals around $12500 plus refund of $1800 for purchased shore tours. Hopefully there's a safari tour in South Africa.

32 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We get 6 in return:

St Louis, Mauritius

Capetown overnight

Walvis Bay, Namibia

Las Palmas, Gran Canaria

Brisbane. Hmm, I thought it out loud as a probable option when thinking through the time lost, but it must be a tough call for them to make. Those that were boarding in Brisbane will now be boarding a day earlier in Sydney, and I wonder what Princess is doing to assist. If there any sectors involving Singapore or Dubai, that would get even messier.

We are doing the 2nd half of that 2025 Crown World cruise. The Suez might be sorted then, but we might have to contend with a civil war in the Americas 😉 Compared with Diamond, I expect Crown to be busier, and that would be a more suitable comparison. Coral is just smaller all round, including dining and bar space, but that also gives it Panamax and the old locks of the Panama.

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Brisbane. Hmm, I thought it out loud as a probable option when thinking through the time lost, but it must be a tough call for them to make. Those that were boarding in Brisbane will now be boarding a day earlier in Sydney, and I wonder what Princess is doing to assist. If there any sectors involving Singapore or Dubai, that would get even messier.

We are doing the 2nd half of that 2025 Crown World cruise. The Suez might be sorted then, but we might have to contend with a civil war in the Americas 😉 Compared with Diamond, I expect Crown to be busier, and that would be a more suitable comparison. Coral is just smaller all round, including dining and bar space, but that also gives it Panamax and the old locks of the Panama.

The Brisbane folk board two days earlier. Princess has offers out to them to arrange flights or coach travel, or two refund up to a certain amount for flight change fees.

We did a cruise on Ruby once, which is another of the extended Grand Class ships like Crown. The downside to those ships is that there are more passengers, 3080 lower berths against 2670, but the same amount of public spaces. On the Ruby cruise we did there were over 3500 passengers and meals were a nightmare. You couldn't get tables in the buffet and often had to queue for over 30 minutes to get a table in the MDRs. Of course this was when they still had Traditional dining as well as Anytime. It was horrible!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Brisbane folk board two days earlier. Princess has offers out to them to arrange flights or coach travel, or two refund up to a certain amount for flight change fees.

We did a cruise on Ruby once, which is another of the extended Grand Class ships like Crown. The downside to those ships is that there are more passengers, 3080 lower berths against 2670, but the same amount of public spaces. On the Ruby cruise we did there were over 3500 passengers and meals were a nightmare. You couldn't get tables in the buffet and often had to queue for over 30 minutes to get a table in the MDRs. Of course this was when they still had Traditional dining as well as Anytime. It was horrible!

Yes, 2 days of course.

I love the layout of Coral but give me Diamond any day when it comes to getting a seat at a bar or walk-up dining. I expect Crown to be 3rd prize in comparison, so maybe we will have to upgrade to premier so we can do Salty Dog gastropub on the busy nights (I'm kidding, not paying overs for that).

10 hours ago, Gwendy said:

Wow, that’s a lot of sea days.

The original itinerary had almost as many sea days up until Suez. This year the major part of the itinerary is Northern Europe and the Baltics.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Seems, it may depend on the cruise I expect, we did a half world on the Emerald in 2016, sister ship to Ruby.

Did not have any trouble in either dinning area, Buffet, or International.

Did not find the ship overly crowded even in the Crooners bar area.

Still prefer the smaller ships though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Seems, it may depend on the cruise I expect, we did a half world on the Emerald in 2016, sister ship to Ruby.

Did not have any trouble in either dinning area, Buffet, or International.

Did not find the ship overly crowded even in the Crooners bar area.

Still prefer the smaller ships though.

Yes, I think if it hadn't been totally chocka it would have been OK. It was an 8 night South Pacific cruise early December so it looked like many families were having pre-Christmas get-togethers. If there had been just the lower berth numbers it probably would have been OK but an extra 450 or so people just swamped the ship. Luckily we got into the Sanctuary and the weather was nice for the whole cruise so we got away from the crowds during the daytime. The other problem was the Wheelhouse Bar was also the Salty Dog Pub so very limited seating there for pre-dinner drinks. Plus the only place that served espresso was the International Cafe so ypu can imagine how crowded that was. There was supposed to be a cafe in the buffet but we couldn't find it. 

Still on a world cruise the passenger count would be more reasonable so Crown might work. 

Julie, during the day on Ruby and Emerald we escaped to Adagio lounge, up on Sun deck next to the specialty restaurant, nice and quiet to read and relax. i see there is one on Crown.

Edited by cheznandy
  • Like 1

Looking at the revised itinerary for Coral this year, re Walvis Bay, a dump, not much there unless you go to the sandhills on quad bikes or jeeps etc or just slide down.  Called in there in 2012 on Arcadia, half Worldie, Sydney to Southampton.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Julie, during the day on Ruby and Emerald we escaped to Adagio lounge, up on Sun deck next to the specialty restaurant, nice and quiet to read and relax. i see there is one on Crown.

Yes, we ended up using that for pre-dinner drinks but it was almost too quiet then.

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Looking at the revised itinerary for Coral this year, re Walvis Bay, a dump, not much there unless you go to the sandhills on quad bikes or jeeps etc or just slide down.  Called in there in 2012 on Arcadia, half Worldie, Sydney to Southampton.

I think they add that in as an extra fueling stop as it's then a long way to the next port. 

I'm too old and creaky to slide down sand dunes these days! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, I think if it hadn't been totally chocka it would have been OK. It was an 8 night South Pacific cruise early December so it looked like many families were having pre-Christmas get-togethers. If there had been just the lower berth numbers it probably would have been OK but an extra 450 or so people just swamped the ship. Luckily we got into the Sanctuary and the weather was nice for the whole cruise so we got away from the crowds during the daytime. The other problem was the Wheelhouse Bar was also the Salty Dog Pub so very limited seating there for pre-dinner drinks. Plus the only place that served espresso was the International Cafe so ypu can imagine how crowded that was. There was supposed to be a cafe in the buffet but we couldn't find it. 

Still on a world cruise the passenger count would be more reasonable so Crown might work. 

Yes whacking that many extra people on would probably make it bit squeezy, being a longer cruise 50 odd days, tends to be more older pax. I think there were very few people under 30 on the cruise.

The buffet cafe on the Emerald was just out the back doors above the pool. I think that's right.

We will be on the Crown in Oct for the Around Australia cruise.

From what I can see of it's deck plans, its the same as the Emerald in layout.

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

Yes whacking that many extra people on would probably make it bit squeezy, being a longer cruise 50 odd days, tends to be more older pax. I think there were very few people under 30 on the cruise.

The buffet cafe on the Emerald was just out the back doors above the pool. I think that's right.

We will be on the Crown in Oct for the Around Australia cruise.

From what I can see of it's deck plans, its the same as the Emerald in layout.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of it.