Check in Miami

Leaving March 5th from Miami.  I received an email from Regent - Final Cruise Vacation Summary.  It indicated embarkation time as 12:00 PM.

immediately after I received the link to on-line check in.  All fine, except the earliest check in time listed is 12:30.  Do they actually  pay attention to the time on embarkation?

Also, material says to bring proof of vaccination.  I thought that was no longer required.

Thanks for any guidence.

You can show up when if suits you.  As long as they have started boarding, you can proceed.  Vaccinations are only required on certain itineraries (Yellow Fever, for example).  Covid vaccinations are not required.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a terminal or covered area to wait for the beginning of boarding?  I will be getting to Terminal J early (if I95 cooperates hence early time to allow for traffic problems),  

1 hour ago, Linda VH said:

Is there a terminal or covered area to wait for the beginning of boarding?  I will be getting to Terminal J early (if I95 cooperates hence early time to allow for traffic problems),  

The terminal is all indoors. You'll wait there until boarding is announced, if they're not already boarding when you arrive. 

Those embarking will not be allowed inside the terminal until all B2B guests have been processed through Customs and Border Protection.  We're currently on the third segment of a B2B2B and we noticed early arriving guests being kept outside the terminal after we completed CBP processing and were on our way back to the ship.

We were done processing by 10:30am.  I can't tell you when arriving guests were allowed to enter the terminal.  Outside cover is limited if it should be raining.

Thank you!  I should arrive at the terminal around 11:15 if I95 cooperates.  If not - at least I have a lot of time to get to the port.  I like to board fairly early and go to the Grill for a drink and a hot dog.  Only time I eat them is on a cruise.  Love to sit there and people watch and now that I’m a solo I’ll pull out my Kindle and just chill.  

Our flight was delayed getting into MIA the night before and we were absolutely exhausted, so we slept in, had a leisurely brunch type breakfast (even though it was a Friday), took our time. packing, checked out late, went to the ATM in the lobby to get some cash, called a Lyft, and were at the port sometime after 2:00.  We were among the last people there, and had the place to ourselves.  It was a surreal experience.

We arrived at the Terminal J at 11:30 a.m. and sat in the waiting area till almost 12:30 when boarding started. They call the high-end suites first. No one looks at the times on your boarding pass.